1/72 Jet Provost Gate Guardian - Airfix

Hello chaps,

Decided to stretch my legs and get busy with new techniques and weathering practises, im currently on Elementary Flying Training at RAF Cranwell and part of my daily routine is driving past a Jet Provost sat proudly opposite a Dominie. This got me thinking and of course i went and picked up Airfix's 1/72 JP in 1 FTS markings, I decided to model it after the one here (not in terms of markings or model, the one at Cranwell is a T.5 and im making a T.3 for starters but focusing on the wear and tear) then a friend from instagram sent me pictures of a rather dilapidated JP sat in a farmers field somewhere down south... and suddenly the plan went from a mildly dirty gate guardian to a "my god how have you managed to let it get to this state phil" and a few weeks later here we are at the final stages of weathering and now im debating doing another one but nice and clean because its almost heart breaking seeing such a lovely aircraft with green and brown where there really shouldn't be... 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RAZnCrz9wCBXJdXisMPOQKivabRJtY_0/view?usp=sharing

Like the idea of this, I was up at cranwell recently with the Youth and STEM team so know which one you’re on about. 
im also certain that there is an abandoned one near me in a farmer’s field. Nr market Harborough.

great idea for a model. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...