Citroen 2CV Fougonnette Completed

Hi Folks

A complete change for me with my first vehicle....

P1120094

As stated above I intend to weather it though perhaps not to this extent

So far going together very easily 

P1120095

The kit comes with a spare wheel so...

P1120099

P1120096

P1120098

Top and cab temp in place

P1120101

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 27

Hi Kev,

Nice to see you giving this model a go.  I'll be watching with interest. :popcorn:

BTW, I've always tried to prevent having rust on my (full size) vehicles, not add it.  So this build will be a new experience for me. :rofl:

John

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, longshanks said:

As stated above I intend to weather it though perhaps not to this extent

So nice to see you building something at least as for the rust going from your recent LCM build this should be very light weathering. :whistle:

Will enjoy this one. 👍

Stay Safe

beefy

• Haha 3

Thanks for the warm welcome Folks

I've been playing with rust on the inside of the roof using using AK551 Rust Effect Colours

P1120102

Then given a raw umber oil wash. Spots of ochre and green oils to represent plant growth

P1120106

Thanks for stopping by

Kev

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

On 03/09/2021 at 08:34, TheBaron said:

Don't forget a liberal sprinkling of Gauloises ash in the driver's footwell Kev.

Instant smell a vision :rofl2: Think I might have to go and buy a pack ......

Been working on the interior of the van. I'm thinking the rust effect is much better than the roof. Your thoughts??

P1120113

P1120115

P1120117

P1120116

A question for you leaned Gents. What can I do wash/colour etc to impart a dusty effect overall?

Thanks for stopping by

Kev

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, longshanks said:

I'm thinking the rust effect is much better than the roof. Your thoughts??

It does, good work. I think it's because the splotches on the sides are less uniform in colour, texture and size an thus more convincing. Personally (but I'm no rust expert) I would have lots of rust around the roof's edges and crossmembers, less in the middle. 

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

A question for you leaned Gents. What can I do wash/colour etc to impart a dusty effect overall?

Vallejo has some nice dust washes in various colours which spray nicely. Of course, you could use very thinned down paint as well. What also works well are Tamiya's weathering sets which contain a sticky powder. 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice effect with the rust tones as for dust have you looked at MIG pigments or for old school pastel chalks ground down I get cheap chalk sticks from an art shop or The Works, Wilko, The Range you get the idea kids make a mess shops.  :whistle:

Stay Safe

beefy

Hi Kev,

Well fancy seeing you over here, you do get around !!

Love the subject, and what you are doing with it, looks great fun, will it be incorporated into a bit of a diorama ? you have a knack of turning an object into a story, looking forward to following this !!!

Cheers

David

@JeroenS  @beefy66  @Dads203  Thanks guys for the input, most welcome. I guess I need to experiment and see what works best for me......

5 hours ago, Dancona said:

Well fancy seeing you over here, you do get around !!

I'm on Medical leave David. I needed something with the largest scale in the stash.

Yep it will be incorporated into some kind of diorama / vignette (I never know the difference)

Stay safe

Kev

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Dancona said:

Hope you are OK

Thanks for asking David. Doing OK at the moment but I'm afraid the condition goes from bad to badder and back to bad with a steady decline :shrug:

Modelling is sloow but doable... A combination including new subject, new scale 1/200 to 1/24 brings its own problems and trying new techniques.

I've redone to van roof and I reckon it's looking better. The right hand panel has had the application of pastels/dust and I like the softer look. What do you guys think?

P1120129

Again the application of dirt/pastels to the top hal of the van floor

P1120127

??

Another technique I'm trying is only brush painting

P1120132

Probably not good enough for a gloss finish but I reckon it will be OK on this subject

Thanks for stopping by

Avoid the numpties and stay safe

Kev

• Like 13

This is well on the way to quite, um, decrepit.

I recall a VW van I saw in Kauai. There was an amazingly consistent rust-through line along the tops of the side windows.  I'm quite certain only rust was keeping the root attached to the rest of the vehicle.

• Haha 1

On 21/09/2021 at 13:43, longshanks said:

Again the application of dirt/pastels to the top hal of the van floor

What a tatty looking mess Kev.

Meaning superb of course.

You've definitely caught the essence of rust.

• Thanks 1

The combination of rust and dust looks great to me! Brush painting too, I do it a lot and I like how it gives a nice slightly rougher finish which is quite appropriate here. Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1