Which color was exactly the DuPont No.83-2588 Deluxe Orange

clumsy

Hello,

I need help to identify the hue of this color. The aircraft modelling guys claim that it is close to a yellow hue which can be identified as FS 13538.

Could anyone confirm if this is correct or could anyone provide with any other correct information?

Thank you very much in advance.

Arkut

This is what I found on a flightsim forum and maybe helps!

The Martin 139W were delivered to Turkey by Martin in a striking scheme of overall Dupont 83-2588 "Deluxe Orange" color (a yellow-orange paint similar to the one found on the Harvards/ Texans, close to the FS 13538 

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=49251.0

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Thank You all for the efforts.

I need the information to use it on an aircraft paint but the code appears to be for an automative paint.

Unfortunately I am also aware of the information that sas1946.com contains which was actually distracted from inputs of another modeller. 

The problem with this color is that even though it has been continuously stated on paper that the color looks like FS 13538 it has never been painted so. Instead the models always appear to be painted with kind of FS 12300 which is an orange color let alone a yellow based one. 

The color was on the catalogue until the 60's but then had been removed so only a few had seen the hue it carries. t

Still hoping for it and again thanks...

Is there any other source for this information, or just that thread?  Is it actually "Deluxe Orange", or is it "Dulux Orange" - Dulux being the tradename used for Dupont automotive enamel.

My usual starting point for paint chips and colour codes is https://paintref.com but there's no mention of  83-2588, nor any Dupont codes beginning 83- (Dulux were 93- AFAIK).  However, 93-2588 is Chevrolet Airedale Brown, so that can't be it.  🤔

Edited by Six97s
Typos

Hello Six97s

Thanks for your input. As far as I know the color is called as written in the title. The paint itself existed in the catalogue until the 60's.

The first hand information comes from a magazine printed in 11/1990 in Turkey and the essay is written by a fellow modeller (†90s) who also described the hue of the paint close to yellow.

Then there are other modellers who claim that they saw an actual sample of the same paint that say that it is a yellow color.

But as I wrote before these are all 3rd party information.

So I need someone as a direct source.

Just to be sure as 99,9%.

Cheers,

Arkut

• Like 1