Looking for color sample of DuPont No. 83-2588 Deluxe Orange

clumsy

Hello,

There is an inconsistency with describing of this color and the models painted claimed to be painted with this color.

Even though the modellers claim that the actual color is similar to FS 13538 they always paint the model with a color that is almost a pure orange (FS12300) color.

Therefore I would appreciate a lot for anyone who could share an example of a sample for DuPont No. 83-2588 Deluxe Orange.

Thank You very much in advance for your interest and helps in this matter.

Cheers,

Arkut

Edited by clumsy

• clumsy changed the title to Looking for color sample of DuPont No. 83-2588 Deluxe Orange
23 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Or Dupont?

Probably not. DuPont has done many different things over the decades. They are a chemical company first and foremost and their current website says nothing about producing paints. They likely sold that business long ago. Dana Bell is the person whom I feel would be most likely to possess samples of US aircraft paints from the 1930s...

EDIT: Paints formerly sold as DuPont Performance Coatings have been produced by Axalta Coating Systems, since the division was sold off in 2013 .

Edited by Rolls-Royce

14 hours ago, gingerbob said:

For those of us who don't understand the context, could you spell it out a bit more please?  (I know, that's not the purpose of your inquiry.)

At a guess, it may very well be related to the Martin 139 MT's :

On 9/1/2021 at 9:37 AM, alt-92 said:

At a guess, it may very well be related to the Martin 139 MT's :

It is related to this subject but that will well deviate us from the main point.

I have already mentioned that the models are continuously painted with an orange color similar to FS12300 even tough it is always stated that the color is like FS13538.

Well, the hues of 13538 and 12300 are way way different from each other. (eg. If you paint a model with these two colours and shoot a black and white picture there is a possibility of a claim that it might have been painted in WWII RAF Desert Scheme 🙃 )

Some sources describe the name that the hue of the color is actually a reddish yellow. That is, the base of a yellow color with a hint of red. Also there are sayings that the persons who had seen a sample of the mentioned DuPont color claims the color is yellow.

But all these information are provided by 3rd parties.

So I just need to communicate directly who could have seen a sample of the actual paint sample/chip.

Cheers,

Arkut

• Like 2