What Made Them Make These Accessories To Models That Do Not Exist (Yet?)

JohnT

Two come readily to mind

1  1/32 Jaguar decal sheets and resin wheel upgrades

2 1/32 Liberator decal sheets for the D model in RAF/ Polish markings but most options on the sheet have the Boulton Paul 0.303 4 gun turret and not the kit turret

I bet there are other oddities

Or do some folk know more than they are letting on?????

• Like 1

In some cases the goal is to support modelers willing to take on the mods needed to build a different version. 

In other cases, AM manufacturers are indeed aware of future releases.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Or do some folk know more than they are letting on?????

That was my reaction when Begemot released La-9/La-11 decals in 1/72 and 1/48 scales; in 1/48 we have the kits by Ark, but in 1/72? A rather expensive resin La-11 from Steelwork is the only real option, besides a couple of old, crude, hard-to-find kits by Gran and Siga (and MPM, if you really want to turn back time). The Steelwork kit comes with its own good decals, so why a whole new sheet from Begemot, especially when he's (so far) ignored the excellent Brengun Yak-1, Brengun Yak-1B, and Arma Yak-1B kits?

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

I'm curious to know who might be making a 1/32 Jaguar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Kitty Hawk announced their kit in 2016. Never released but they could not have foreseen this.

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

2 1/32 Liberator decal sheets for the D model in RAF/ Polish markings but most options on the sheet have the Boulton Paul 0.303 4 gun turret and not the kit turret

If you want to make a Polish Liberator, you need decals and a turret. Will someone make the turret? Hard to say. But the decals are already there.

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Or do some folk know more than they are letting on?

If you're producing something that's easily scalable - like decals or resin parts - you can throw it into the range straight away without necessarily producing it.

If some stuff comes on larger sheets, as with these DP Casper decals, it's simply a use of space. Maybe someone will make such a model, maybe not, it's not the decal manufacturer's problem.

• Like 3

When I saw the topic header I immediately thought of the Kitsworld 1/32 Jaguar decals 

Now there may not be an IM kit but there is the Tigger Models vac-form that is occasionally available (he seems to rotate what he produces and puts on eBay)

I have been tempted by it, but it is extremely basic. Where are the resin wheels available from please? 

Cheers,

WV908

16 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

If you're producing something that's easily scalable - like decals or resin parts - you can throw it into the range straight away without necessarily producing it.

If some stuff comes on larger sheets, as with these DP Casper decals, it's simply a use of space. Maybe someone will make such a model, maybe not, it's not the decal manufacturer's problem.

I guess this is the reason why Almark included Victor markings on their 1/48 Gulf War sheet?

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Alan Wilson had a 1/32 Jaguar under development prior to the Covid setback. AFAIK it is not dead, but has been delayed.

Well at least we got the wheels and decals:D.  I hope he does get around to it eventually as i have his Vulcan and Bucc waiting to get done and a Jaguar would like nice too eventually.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

When I saw the topic header I immediately thought of the Kitsworld 1/32 Jaguar decals 

Now there may not be an IM kit but there is the Tigger Models vac-form that is occasionally available (he seems to rotate what he produces and puts on eBay)

I have been tempted by it, but it is extremely basic. Where are the resin wheels available from please? 

Cheers,

WV908

Reskit do them.  They look the part too though I'm not Jaguar wheels expert.  Often up on that well known international auction site fleabay

• Thanks 1

Techmod released decals for Ju88A1 when it appeared in 1/32 by Revell and the decals were done for 1/32, 1/48 and 1/72 as well, so in that time for conversions. Now, when kit in 1/72 of Ju88A1 appeared only the market extended and they are already on it... So it could be nice to have for example decals for other variants as are available without conversion on market

Regards

J-W

23 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

You're probably right...it's just a tease though🥴

Trumpeter were supposed to be releasing a 1/32 Jaguar a few years back and if i recall correctly, the lead designer left them and it was cancelled. That may be why the 1/32 Jag Decals were issued. 

There is a thread here:   Trumpeter 1/32 Jaguar GR.1 - Cold War - Britmodeller.com

Just now, trickydicky210 said:

Trumpeter were supposed to be releasing a 1/32 Jaguar a few years back and if i recall correctly, the lead designer left them and it was cancelled. That may be why the 1/32 Jag Decals were issued. 

There is a thread here:   Trumpeter 1/32 Jaguar GR.1 - Cold War - Britmodeller.com

That’s what I heard too. Perhaps a good illustration of why we should not believe it till we see it on the local hobby store shelves. I wonder how often an announcement that a particular model and scale is coming from manufacturer A has resulted in manufacturer B cancelling or postponing their version and then A’s product never materialised. I could see a short run small outfit stopping work on something when one of the big boys says they will produce something in a year or two