Magna Models, Douglas Skyraider Target Tug, 1:72

I’ll be entering with this one once I dig it out of storage. Pics and stuff to follow.

That was Plan A (a Matchbox Norseman) however I’ve switched to Plan B which will involve resin, white metal, sanding and cursing.

51423915364_e462fe86a0_b.jpg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Col. said:

Excellent and unusual subject choice :speak_cool: Which operator are you planning for this one?

Toying with the idea of something civil, probably Swedish but may look at other options.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, Col. said:

Excellent and unusual subject choice :speak_cool: Which operator are you planning for this one?

On 8/31/2021 at 7:34 AM, Avereda said:

Toying with the idea of something civil, probably Swedish but may look at other options.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:13 PM, trickyrich said:

now tat is something different, will be nice to see her built once you find it.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, modelling minion said:

I was considering a Swedish one of these for my build but will probably save it for the Matchbox GB next year so I am interested to see how you get on with your build.

Well, a couple of glasses of red, a large whisky and some furtling in the stash and I’ve had a change of heart. The Norseman has gone back in the box and out has popped a Skyraider.

• Like 1

• Avereda changed the title to Magna Models, Douglas Skyraider Target Tug, 1:72

The contents; a sandwich bag full of resin, white metal, vacform canopies plus Magna Models lovely instructions.

51423918084_c2734f0dd5_b.jpg

51422408347_8c7dc1c7ed_b.jpg

All the parts will require some work, especially the white metal…

51423413643_e4bf4de158_b.jpg

…roughly one hour later

51424140885_e86d07e90f_b.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to see a Magna kit being built, well I think being created is more accurate, good luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

Cheers, I might try and finish another Magna Models one off while I’m at it. A Miles Master from the Trainers GB.

48037351371_301ba13eaf_b.jpg

• Like 5

Arrrr now we're talking.....proper modelling at last!!!!!  :yahoo:

Aaaaaa resin models, I can smell them from here.  :wub:  It doesn't look to bad from the photos. Your average vacForm beast requires as much work or more. The white metal, looks like what you normally get in a model like this, at least they aren't resin bits!!

Goos luck with her, great subject and nice to see someone building resin....... I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be building a resin beast as well....hopefully

Thanks for all the goodwill people, that’s a lot of interest for what has so far amounted to a polished prop.

On 9/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Great to see a Magna kit being built, well I think being created is more accurate, good luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

Pat, it will be a journey of some sort for sure.

On 9/5/2021 at 9:31 PM, stevehnz said:

Looks like a good thread to stick around for, subjects I like in a medium I know little about but I'm willing to watch & learn. :)

Steve.

I’m not sure I’ll be imparting any knowledge but what I pick up along the way I’ll be sharing with you.

On 9/5/2021 at 10:09 PM, stevej60 said:

You're a very brave man!!!

You’re not the first person to say this at the start of one of my thread. Ignorance is definitely bliss for me when it comes to picking a GB build.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, trickyrich said:

Arrrr now we're talking.....proper modelling at last!!!!!

Steady, it will be the usual bash it and see approach.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, Torbjorn said:

Interesting, I didn’t even know we had had some of these. Looks daunting with all the cleaning needed :o 

Polishing white metal is tedious rather than hard, I actually quite like doing it.

I’ve not done any more cleaning, sawing or sanding yet but these arrived today..

51443531648_95fdd4e216_b.jpg

• Like 6