Danish Recce Draken (Finished-ish)

I've been torn between doing this one and a Viggen (I really want to build one of my Viggens), but with the plethora of builds I'm looking at trying to get accomplished by year's end I think the Draken will be a bit easier to attain my goals.  Though that said, I'm doing my best to complicate matters.  :rofl2:

Undecided at the moment if I'm going to do the Swedish or Danish variant.  I prefer the camo scheme of the Swede, but I like the uniqueness of the Dane.  Right now uniqueness is winning out.  I have to make my decision pretty much before I start though, as optional parts depending on variant are called out very early in the construction process.

51411862086_58955761d1_c.jpg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Col. said:

You sound like a man who needs another Draken to cover the second option ;) 

At least you are building one though, eh @trickyrich? :whistle:

I've got a J35F/J in the stash for an interceptor option.  :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I've got a J35F/J in the stash for an interceptor option.  :whistle:

Good man. Although you still need another one :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, Col. said:

Good man. Although you still need another one :D 

Nah, we can't go having the Drakens outnumbering the Viggens...though the Viggens will have a 2:1 superiority in numbers once the beastie arrives.  

• Like 1

To be fair, I think it's all of us that keep talking about it...he'd be happy if we all forgot about it so it could drift way never to be seen or spoken about again.  :rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good choice Chris. :thumbsup:

I built that kit in the first Nordic GB. 

I can't see in your AM stuff if you've got a replacement recce nose for it. 

Hasegawa has missed one camera opening pointing directly down. 

See here: 

49443647808_6842402010_4k.jpg20200126_124344 by Bosse Persson, on Flickr
49444353267_9ef17d3e53_4k.jpg20200126_124404 by Bosse Persson, on Flickr

And if you've not seen them I've posted a link to all my photos in the reference section from last year when Axel and I visited the F11 Museum where most of our recce aircrafts was based.

Good luck with your build. 

/Bosse

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I am here you know!!! 

If my Tufted Duck hasn't arrived by late October then I may just have to scrape the dust of the Mythical beast.......... or maybe not!!  :P

Yes, we know, so at least we're including you in the slagging conversation rather than talking about you behind your back :D 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, airbus320 said:

Oooh I’ve got a Hasegawa Draken so I’ll pull up a chair and enjoy watching this build! :)

Chris

You can learn from all my mistakes.  :rofl2:

Cool, looking forward to this. :) Used to see J 35Js as I grew up, flying over the Kattegat (F 10 Wing) as well as their Viggens (and a few other wings´´ Viggens). Loved the sound.

My dad had a schoolmate that became an S 35D pilot but tragically crashed over his parent´s home - as he made some maneouvres and his dad was watching.. I drive past the memorial stone now and then..

Looking forward to your build anyways! :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ooh, 2nd to last post...can we tell I haven't made any headway w/ this one yet?  :rofl2:

I'm hoping to get this one mostly knocked out the week after the US Thanksgiving holiday, as I'm finally getting a bit of time off work.  I'm assuming I'm not going to have a lot of fit issues...though things certainly have an opportunity to go pear shaped...especially when resin is involved.