MiG-29 "Swifts" 1/144 ***Finished***

Ravnos

Afternoon folks,

I'm going to try and crack this out today, we had some people staying over the weekend so wasn't able to get to it until now. I had a couple of other candidates but seeing as I've only got today decided to stick with the smallest kit I've got on the shelf

Yl0PGtyigAL3NxpGmEVoW5myY3b9vslnXV-Ycqut

Contents of the box, this is where I screwed up a bit and forgot to put a clock in the picture, I've included the metadata for the photograph showing the time it was taken instead.

NDB4WuBzFMKLeLffXL460rX76OMtErQxu4ltZGiT

Single page of instructions.

czFn-YM_kxaKEICf_kTOOCXWOGKavrpBp45nL4qN

So I rattled on with assembly, shortly after installing the front landing gear I remembered I hadn't included the time in the first pictures so snapped this one as a progress shot,

3CSMlPGTZy59NAB4bMrRd-GQtUWRMyV7XtdNk5fU

Half an hour later and the bulk of the assembly is complete.

mMGnvmw4aAXyyq9wooICpOSGk4kZhtu6CeE4Ehcs

I had originally wanted to take advantage of the white plastic and the decals to minimise painting required but theres a few places where my grubby finger prints have snuk onto the model so I gave it a quick coat of white primer.

_Gr2jQRhGs5Zah0nrzI-QmVnbJkb4tHuc21ykeZs

Thats all for now, I'm going to give it an hour or so to dry properly then come back and paint the black nose and the blue tail fins before applying the decals.

Edited by Ravnos
Editing the title
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow @Ravnos that's gone together both really well and really quickly.

Look forward to seeing this one finished.

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat :)

First set of masking on for the few colours it requires. in hindsight I now know that the black around the cockpit is covered by decals so wasnt actually required in paint.

mU_seLY_6k8YbWIcxVjK5fsBihsgUVgGXP0R5ruj

The VA Signal Blue I have is a bit dark for this but its all I've got so I went with as light a coat as I could manage.

ifFgKTd0jdpo9Gj0cf4sE8Gm-8E28eBw08VaKFJu

Canopy masked and hand painted.

iQF4korFsWH7NR1ZBE-L1vig-g6GIOHFhJrAz3lE

Clearcoat on.

wyGdYzvtJWTdMoICmRYK-xntmSNReZFcU-Ybrvzg

After dinner my other half wanted to watch a movie so I relocated to the coffee table for some decalling

mJIEbCsBjvq1O_pA-_8vGjNfGNxCd3gvxqdJ4EcB

SlZ7FuMuZ8mqLhHGzbYZRPY3WlhzsPAnsYkGSrMN

The tires and engine nozzles were hand painted, the nozzles with Vallejo's metal colour out the bottle and with a fine brush which I wasnt sure was going to work but it actually went on really nicely.

And she's done! the decals were pretty tricky in some places, particularly where they need to fold round an edge, some of them were huge and they are pretty thick so difficult to work with.

vQ3yUmdbmjScf4ACtYjU_cWsIdveK8cWBd7DPAV0

I think with time and a boatload of microsol they will look a lot better but I'm out of time so the final pics are going to need to be with wet wrinkley decals 🤣

More pics in the gallary post comming shortly.

• Like 2

• Ravnos changed the title to MiG-29 "Swifts" 1/144 ***Finished***

Just in case anyone's interested, the decals have settled nicely overnight now that the microsol has had a chance to work its magic.

Vqsvbi_bBg64mOV09n_CPcadLfJmvj4Qw5po1kjo

P.S. Just noticed this is my 100th post :) looks like I'm gonna be sticking around.

Edited by Ravnos
P.S.
  • Like 2