1/72 - Heinkel Lerche II "Entwurf C" by ABK Models - 3D renders - release in 2023 ?

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Heinkel Lerche II "Entwurf C" by ABK Models - 3D renders - release in 2022

Well, the date on the cocktail napkin is 25.2.45, but seriously? I'd be inclined to call it maybe Luft '50, after a lot of development work. The ol' crack pipe must have been glowing brightly when they brainstormed this one.

John

• Haha 3

Love the subject.

I presume this is resin, so that as soon as I buy one an injection moulded kit will appear.

Concur with alt-92 on the rotors - the napkin seems to show contra-rotating blades (which fits the laws of physics) but the CAD shows both going the same way.  Better than the Italeri C-27J, where both propellers rotate the wrong way.

Apologies for OT gripe.

H

For sure the props were doubled to null the rotation torque on whole machine, but it will happened only when they have opposite pitch, not the same! It is nonsense to have them rotating in the same direction. The whole model is a paper project of maybe Luftwaffe not 1946 but 1951, but at least please keep the physics in mind while designing it...

• Like 3

I am glad JWM agrees.

But it does lead off-topic to the concept of a contra-rotating Triebflugel......to maintain aerodynamic symmetry with those twisted wings in level flight as well as balance the torque in rotating mode?

As I remember the "Triebflugel" had small jet engines on the ends of rotor, so no (or very small due to friction only)  torque on fuselage was produces as it was kind of free rotation around fuselage. Here is different story with piston engine driving props. The history shown no future for this design, anyway...

Regards

J-W

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Heinkel Lerche II "Entwurf C" by ABK Models - 3D renders - release in 2023 ?