RAF aircraft and serials involved in the Afghanistan evacuation?

Procopius

Hullo all,

Does anyone know if there's a public source of what types of RAF aircraft (and their serial numbers) were used in the recent evacuation of interpreters and dependents from Kabul? 

C-17s and Atlas have been used for the air bridge from Kabul to the Middle East. The Voyagers have been used for the Middle East to Brize Norton leg.

The only serial I have seen in the Kabul coverage was Atlas ZM411.

Edward, you can sometimes get this info from one of the flight tracker apps. I have Flight Tracker installed (Planefinder.net) and can replay flights back up to a couple of weeks ago. So as an example I found two RAF C-130's leaving Pakistan Airspace , having only appeared on the tracker app once they had left Afghan airspace. You can see their tracks in and out. No detail over Afghanistan itself. Serials of those two were reported as ZH871 and ZH878. The date and time I picked was 23rd August at 00:25 Zulu. I've seen all sorts that way. A bit speculative but where else could it all be heading/coming from!

There is also ADA-B Exchange, which seems to show more military stuff than Flight Tracker, but I can't work out how to replay history on that!

HTH

Terry

PS see PM for details!

• Thanks 1

Hi Edward, I have Flightradar 24 to track flights and it has seven days worth of flights on the silver version that I pay about £4 a year for. 

In the main it seems to have been Atlas and C17s with the odd Herc. 

I have found the following from a quick look at Flightradar this morning. 

Atlas ZM407, ZM411, ZM412

C17 ZZ172, ZZ177, ZZ178, ZZ171, ZZ174

Herc ZH871, ZH877

The Voyagers (both RAF and Sky tanker) seem to have doing the Dubai - Brize Norton flights along with other leased  aircraft. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1