Mythical Draken - Completed by magic.....and alcohol!

I really hope it does survive...was quite promising! And a rotting away Draken is a really sorry thing...

We have one in Graz in the museum, outside, that in the meantime has more of its original Swedish D model camo shining through than Austrian camo left... :(

http://swag-trip-logs.blogspot.com/2021/01/austria-osterreichisches.html

50887198128_be2ae84c48_z.jpg

• Sad 1

…..fighting and screaming right to the very end she made it……. well a couple of days late, I had hoped to finish her before the end of the year! But alas she had other plans including hiding bits. Like said bits/covers for rear bumper wheels, they have like since left this earthy realm unfortunately! :wall:

The clear coats finally behaved themselves with the last flat coat…..which sort of hides all the previous sins! Plus I found photos do as well!

Not one of my best builds by a very long margin, it sort of was going ok until the issues with the clears…….. lease now I finally have some go to clears to use, the F-14A & F-4B attest to that.

Additional photos as usual will be in the gallery.

IMG_6668-XL.jpg

IMG_6657-XL.jpg

IMG_6659-XL.jpg

IMG_6662-XL.jpg

IMG_6664-XL.jpg

IMG_6665-XL.jpg

IMG_6666-XL.jpg

IMG_6667-XL.jpg

IMG_6669-X2.jpg

IMG_6668-XL.jpg

All issues aside I do like the Draken as a plane and will be lining up for the JetMADs 1/32nd beasty when it goes on sale.

Next up is the F/A-18 STGB which should be fun…… but in the meantime I decided to do what I thought would be a couple of quick Xmas builds. 

But 2 words which strike fear into the soul of many a modeller,  ruined that plan……… Kitty Hawk :door: (and for a very good reason they went bust)!!! Namely the dire pieces of  :poop:  , their Su-22M4 & F2H-2 Banshee!!!  If you have either of these horrors find the deepest darkest hole you can find and drop them in it….then fill it with concrete to keep them in there, they are that bad! 

But as a bit of self-flagellation for sins of the past I will continue on with mine….continued sanity is not assured!!

Happy New Year everyone!  :party:

• Like 11

• trickyrich changed the title to Mythical Draken - Completed by magic.....and alcohol!

Its a miracle!!

Well done on finally finding some pictures of someone else's build on the internet that looks like yours but was actually finished, must have taken ages!😁

Seriously though mate thats a cracking result and one that I would be very happy to have in my display case. It may have put up a fight but you got there in the end.

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Kitty Hawk

You should know by now to leave such nasty things alone, they're not good for you.

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

continued sanity is not assured!!

What do you mean continued? That would imply that you had some to begin with!

Very well done mate and I look forward to joining you in the Hornet GB.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You should know by now to leave such nasty things alone, they're not good for you.

What do you mean continued? That would imply that you had some to begin with!

haha!!!  Yes I have seen the light and have ditched the monstrosities for the moment! :yahoo:  Have found some uncompleted (and yes there are quite a few) builds form the SciFi Movive GB sometime back, so have a couple of 1/32nd BSG Vipers on the bench plus a 1/48th full resin Hammerhead from Space Above & Beyond back on the bench! Mmmmm a full resin model  :wub:  have missed those!

• Like 1

Great  you did it!!

Don't be that harsh on the KH Su-17/22! 

It is buildable, has all parts needed, incl correct and mostly usable ordnance!

Horrible fuselage break down design? -yes indeed :D

do you have a WIP for it? * if still wip that is ... :whistle:

• Thanks 1