Little Gransden Air Display and Classic Car Show August 2021 (Batch 2 added)

We enjoyed another excellent show at Little Gransden today. The weather was rather different from the previous show in 2019, which was unbearably hot! 10/10 to the organisers for such a varied line-up in difficult times.

Here is the first batch. I will post more tomorrow.

DSC_3696.jpg

DSC_3698.jpg

DSC_3700.jpg

DSC_4480.jpg

DSC_4502.jpg

DSC_4519.jpg

DSC_4550.jpg

DSC_4571.jpg

DSC_4572.jpg

DSC_4589.jpg

DSC_4593.jpg

DSC_4595.jpg

DSC_4646.jpg

DSC_4685.jpg

DSC_4717.jpg

DSC_4750.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 15

Great stuff, love the opening pair, really sets the standard. The last shot is great as well, with the plane nearly disappearing into the sky if it wasn't for the chequered tips and red nose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Parabat said:

Great stuff, love the opening pair, really sets the standard. The last shot is great as well, with the plane nearly disappearing into the sky if it wasn't for the chequered tips and red nose.

Thanks for the kind words Parabat. The sky threatened rain, but fortunately it remained dry. It was great to see two Hurricanes, two Mustangs and two Spitfires supporting the charity event.

3 hours ago, roginoz said:

Great photos !

The wing walkers don't look very warm, thought it was summer over there.

Oh yes, course it is ! Threatening rain !  :o}

Thanks Rog. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them. The temperature remained about 17°C all day but it didn't feel that warm! I noticed one of the wing walkers gratefully accepting her pilot's chivalrous offer of his flying jacket after they had landed!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Nice set of shots. The clouds in the first two shots in particular provide some nice atmospherics. 

Thanks Latinbear, I'm pleased that you liked them. There were a few people wearing shorts, but the less hardy southerners were wearing coats!

• Like 1

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Little Gransden Air Display and Classic Car Show August 2021 (Batch 2 added)

Where were you standing? Some of your shots show similarities with mine. I was at the corner next to the parked Mustang. I suspect that you were further back to get the shots of the aircraft that had taken off.

Those were good shots and I was most jealous to see that you got that great picture of the little and large and that I completely failed to get any pictures of the pair

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John R said:

Where were you standing? Some of your shots show similarities with mine. I was at the corner next to the parked Mustang. I suspect that you were further back to get the shots of the aircraft that had taken off.

Those were good shots and I was most jealous to see that you got that great picture of the little and large and that I completely failed to get any pictures of the pair

John

Hi John. I was in the (ahem!) VIP Enclosure as a birthday treat, which was at the base of the control tower. I found it frustrating in some ways because we were set well back from the fence which meant that I struggled to get many of my beloved taxy/pilot shots. However, for most of the displays that used the bend, we had a great view.

I saw Little and Large twice at Old Buckenham and once at Duxford this year, so didn't take many pictures and just enjoyed the spectacle! I took a few of the RC Red Arrows as well, but didn't post any here.

I love Little Gransden for the atmosphere, variety of participants, top-side passes and proximity of the display line. In contrast to the air shows and "Flying Days" at Duxford where the aircraft seem to be displaying to the good people of Essex, not Cambridgeshire!

• Like 2

Aaah, one of the posh people...😛

I was surprised to be so close to the aircraft taking off. I thought that the Elf & safety people would have put a stop to that as I was less than 100 metres from the runway. Great though.

I did think that some of a/c could have come a bit lower along the display line but I did enjoy it apart from the weather. I only brought my fleece jacket along as a last minute thought otherwise...

I am just about to add a few pictures of the models.

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another lovely set Leigh from your ongoing tour of the 2021 UK  air events circuit :)   A shame about the weather, but you certainly made the Best of the opportunities and the topside views are fantastic.

Mark

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, canberraman said:

Another lovely set Leigh from your ongoing tour of the 2021 UK  air events circuit :)   A shame about the weather, but you certainly made the Best of the opportunities and the topside views are fantastic.

Mark

Thanks very much for the kind words, Mark. Little Gransden has definitely taken over from Old Warden as THE venue for close displays and plenty of top-side passes.

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Wow!  Great pictures.  That's a lot of Spitfires too!

Love the Chipmunks!

What is the two-engined civilian aircraft? It looks like a De Havilland design...

Thanks John. Two Mustangs, two Hurricanes and three Spitfires at a small charity show, which is pretty impressive!

The Miles Gemini was flown very enthusiastically, putting some other, more agile types to shame! I love the hat on the back seat visible in the cropped top-side shot!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Gemini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Hi Leigh, thank you for posting again.  Chipmunk photos are great and I really like the Gemini close ups and the Magister shot very impressive,

Colin

Hi Colin. Thanks for the kind words. The Chipmunks were from the Red Sparrows display team. The Gemini put on a very impressive display with lots of top-side passes and the Magister didn't display, it just headed straight back to Old Warden.

• Like 1

Hello Alpha Delta 210.

STUNNING  Photography with some really SUPERB photos.

Your ariel  shots are OUTSTANDING. 

Just GORGEOUS  plethora of Warbirds and lovely aircrafts.

any photos of the cars that were there, please.thank you.

:wow:  :wub:

:mike:

MY Detective friend and colleague asked ME if I wanted to go with him (pretty certain it was this one as he said it was in Bedfordshire) but I had to decline because I am touring in the Highlands of Scotland  with another friend. 

:doh:

So THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your joy, your day and especially  your photographs.. Really kind 9f you to share them!

appreciate it!

LOVED them all.

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Hello Alpha Delta 210.

STUNNING  Photography with some really SUPERB photos.

Your ariel  shots are OUTSTANDING. 

Just GORGEOUS  plethora of Warbirds and lovely aircrafts.

any photos of the cars that were there, please.thank you.

:wow:  :wub:

:mike:

MY Detective friend and colleague asked ME if I wanted to go with him (pretty certain it was this one as he said it was in Bedfordshire) but I had to decline because I am touring in the Highlands of Scotland  with another friend. 

:doh:

So THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your joy, your day and especially  your photographs.. Really kind 9f you to share them!

appreciate it!

LOVED them all.

:worthy:

A shame that you couldn't accompany your friend because it is always a wonderful show with a great atmosphere. Considering that it is a charity show, they seem to attract some great participation. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed the pictures. I took a few pictures of the classic cars, but I'm away at the moment, so can't upload them.