F-4J(UK) - Tamiya (1/32)

1 hour ago, Selwyn said:

To me its simply the difference between a great build and a fantastic build.

Selwyn

Fair point - I’m just hoping there’s enough people out there who’s knowledge of the Phantom is like mine and have no idea what missiles they carried 🙂

18 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Lovely job all round. Nice to see it flexing its muscles!

A shame Duxford repainted their F-4J(UK) in US Navy colours.

Pete

I’ve often thought that - however there is a group working to restore a J-model that was at Manston. I think it’ll be the only original F-4J(UK) in its RAF colours. 

15 minutes ago, dov said:

Oh  nice done! Great build.

Just noticed: Stancels? Was this F-4 almost blank?

Happy modelling 

As the UK ones were repainted, they seem to have avoided the stencil-zapper. Pictures show them to be very limited in terms of stencil data, but I’m no expert and just followed the YellowHammer instructions. 

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

A 'Hello Kitty' Phantom. 

No this is not a suggestion someone should do it. 

-- 

Looks really smart, that 'Toom in 74 colours.   

*ponders*  do I have space for a 1/32 one? 

Now that would be an impressive scheme. And she’s a big girl in 1/32nd scale!

Decent model this. One observation for info.

I was the Ops Clerk on the Sqn on in the late 80’s (time of my life TBH). The aircrew were the only ones in the RAF who wore US Navy flying clothing, including helmets. They were all either plain white, had the visor cover decorated with a tiger or black/yellow pattern, or had an all-over tiger pattern. No one had or used a green helmet. 

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger

Edited by Sundowner14
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sundowner14 said:

Decent model this. One observation for info.

I was the Ops Clerk on the Sqn on in the late 80’s (time of my life TBH). The aircrew were the only ones in the RAF who wore US Navy flying clothing, including helmets. They were all either plain white, had the visor cover decorated with a tiger or black/yellow pattern, or had an all-over tiger pattern. No one had or used a green helmet. 

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger

I'd seen the US-style helmets and Yellow Hammer provided some nice tiger-themed helmet decals. However, when I came to apply them, they sadly broke into thousands of pieces so I used a bit of artistic licence and painted them the FGR1/2 style green with the white stripes!

Tom