How are the mighty fallen! - British Mk. V Tank - FINISHED, COMPLETED AND DONE!

8 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Fantastic! Love all the bits. And nice description of the photos.

Too bad you gave up the diorama. I'm not a fan, but in this case I think its mandatory! So build one that matches the build! You have be warned! 😆👏

Cheers

LM

7 hours ago, echen said:

Quite good, mate. A bit of thought gone into quite a nice diorama.

(Actually folks I think this is a superlative piece of work. The damaged tank is excellently detailed, the figures are fabulous and the story behind it has been fascinating to watch. But don't tell Bertie I said it.)

6 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

I couldn't agree more and all the better for the great build log for all to read, see, enjoy, and learn from.

cheers, Graham

5 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Excellent! Really nice Bertie. I like that shot of the inside from Pike's viewpoint, well done. He does look a bit pale, Pike does, but that fits rather well with the view he's having!

I'm sure the captain is saying something about him. Like "Look here fellas, I have no bloody idea who this character is but he's been standing there for half an hour. Just take him back with you would you, chop chop". 

Thanks for the praise everyone, and many thanks for all the support over the last four months. Four months! Must be my longest project ever - no wonder that I ran out of puff at the end.

• Like 1

Fabulous result Bertie - I've really enjoyed every minute of this build. It is a shame about the diorama though. I had the same problem with clay/plaster on my M3 Lee build and resorted to my usuasl standby of insulation board - you should give it a go, it's great stuff to work with. See page 3 of....

2 hours ago, Model Mate said:

Fabulous result Bertie - I've really enjoyed every minute of this build. It is a shame about the diorama though. I had the same problem with clay/plaster on my M3 Lee build and resorted to my usuasl standby of insulation board - you should give it a go, it's great stuff to work with. See page 3 of....

Thanks.

you know what’s really annoying me? I followed your build on and off but didn’t cotton onto your change of method for the baseboard. What a prune I am! your results are very good and had I been paying attention…

also I hadn’t realised that insulation board and the foamed poly board that I have are totally different things. NOW I understand how people can carve the stuff into walls etc. I’m a prune avex custarde!

It’s too late for this bloody thing (mods: I am not swearing, it’s actually splashed with blood inside), I never revisit the scene of the crime, but I’ll try your way next. 

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Super work  Bertie, I really like the weathering that you have done on this and the way that you have done the tracks, it’s all come together rather nicely. The figures just finishes it all off. Brilliant...

Ed 

Thanks Ed. The tracks are the best bit I think. I put off painting them for weeks because I was nervous but when I eventually tried, it was a quick and easy method (borrowed from uncle night shift on YouTube) and great fun too. I found that even when I zoomed in fully on the full sized photo it STILL looks like metal! I recommend the method without reservations, see below 

The only things I added were a dry brushing with Humbrol Steel on all the load bearing surfaces and prior to assembly, a rub down with 240 grit paper used dry, to give those scratches on each link. 

• Like 2

Well i honestly think that you did an amazing work of art there. The tracks are amazing but also the rest of it. The only thing I don't like is the base. I think you need at least a muddy terrain to accomplish the work you've done. Of course its an opinion from the guy that doesn't like dioramas! But things are like they are. 👏

Cheers

LM