Revell 1/48 F/A-18E Super Hornet, my first painted scale model.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Yes Henrick. I'm sure you might find something local that does the same job. It's always hard finding these things. I couldn't find Pledge Kleer anywhere in the U.K. Maybe a laminate flooring company local to you might help you? 

Regards, Andy 

Hmm, that sounds reasonable. Thanks!

On 9/5/2021 at 9:03 PM, madcat911 said:

Regarding the canopy, this is how I deal with the seamline:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/205275-tamiya-148-f-16c-block-40-viper/&do=findComment&comment=1945217

If you can't find Future, there is a product by AK Interactive called Gauzy Agent that does the same job. You should be able to find it at M Workshop.

Mark

oOoOO, that sounds like a good replacement. I'll try to find it.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:22 PM, Gidge said:

Looking good.  Especially for a brush painted model. 

Toothpaste is basically the same stuff as model polishing compound with a  few other ingredients. Most should be suitable for use on a canopy but make sure you test it first on a spare piece of clear sprue. 

Polishing compounds are very fine abrasives so the right amount of polishing could potentially remove the clear coat. Again, test first.

Remember polishing creates friction and generates heat so if you are do it to quickly you risk cracking the canopy or other unintended consequences. So if you plan to use a dremel or rotary to keep the speed low and keep moving it constantly to insure you don't put too much heat into the same spot

And it will be minty fresh. I've been using Pearl Drops tooth paste on canopies for years. It's a cost effective alternative.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Groove Toad said:

And it will be minty fresh. I've been using Pearl Drops tooth paste on canopies for years. It's a cost effective alternative.

There's a million slightly different ones out there. Most would be broadly similar and deliver comparable performance but you never know until you test. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, Paramedic said:

That´s a great start and it can be tedious with a hairy stick for the whole model. I hope you enjoyed it and continue to build and paint models! :)

Thank you!

• Like 1