Russia, 1943 - a Yak-1b duo with etch for £9.99 - finished (a little late!)

Tim R-T-C

spacer.png

Hopefully I'm not too late to this party, got a week and a day to complete this duo.

I got this new release when it came out back in March. Armory is a Ukrainian producer who does a lot of resin wheels and accessories with the occasional injection kit too - although despite great detail and superb decal sheets, they are often let down by poor casting and rough fits.

spacer.png

Initial parts went together fine, nice detail on the cockpit seats.

spacer.png

There are three panels in place on each fuselage which does avoid central seam lines but fitting wasn't great lengthwise on any, so some sanding and filler needed.

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 2

Not sure about the photos, sorry - can anyone else see them?

Sadly due to a lot of work and family issues of late taking up all my time, I'm not going to get this completed, I will try and finish off this coming week - I don't want to rush it. I will keep updating this thread when more time comes up.

• Sad 2

Hi Tim. Yes I can see your photos and it was progressing very well! I'm sorry you won't have it finished in time. Please do keep updating your thread though.

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

Working along.

Added the paint and decals, although the kit only includes single side profiles and decals to match, with no instructions or specific decals for the opposite side, just a duplicate decal sheet - so I had to cut up and rotate some decals to make the markings for both sides.

The scheme is also a little mysterious, not appearing on any sources I can find.

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I finally finished this, with the addition of a North Star resin figure set and a quick grass base for display. Some dusty weathering and aerial wires added to the Yaks.

Somewhere in the East, 1943

Sergey Lugansky of the 152th Guards Fighter Air Regiment shows off his latest kill star for the camera.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This will be on display at the SIG144 table at SMW, come and say hi.

• Like 1

• Tim R-T-C changed the title to Russia, 1943 - a Yak-1b duo with etch for £9.99 - finished (a little late!)