Phantom F-4B ejection seat belts -Kits-World

dromia

I have the the Kits-World (yes I know their 3D transfers are just as bad as their 2D ones) ejection seat set for the Phantom. Par for the course with this company there are no placement instructions for the items on the sheet.

Some like the handles are obvious but the belts are a nightmare, I have gone goggle eyed trying to compare that which is on the seat in photographs with the items on the transfer sheet and am still none the wiser as to what bit goes where.

I am using them on Tamiya's 1/48 scale F-4B.

Anyone solved this Gordian knot of a problem.

I know there are other routes that are easier but the kit ejection seats have come up nice and some seat belts would set them off and the Kits-World is what I have to hand.

Finding good decipherable images of how seat belts fit is a real issue I find, which is why I usually end up with resin seats with the belts moulded. I have had success with the HGW belts in 1/32 scale but they are too fiddly for me in 1/48 but I like the look of the separate belts. I used the Quinta belts on a recent build they looked well when fitted but did not like being fitted and had a propensity to break. How ever I feel that I could solve that problem with some trial and error hence my trying a Kits-World set.

11 hours ago, dromia said:

I have the the Kits-World (yes I know their 3D transfers are just as bad as their 2D ones) ejection seat set for the Phantom. Par for the course with this company there are no placement instructions for the items on the sheet.

Some like the handles are obvious but the belts are a nightmare, I have gone goggle eyed trying to compare that which is on the seat in photographs with the items on the transfer sheet and am still none the wiser as to what bit goes where.

I am using them on Tamiya's 1/48 scale F-4B.

Anyone solved this Gordian knot of a problem.

I know there are other routes that are easier but the kit ejection seats have come up nice and some seat belts would set them off and the Kits-World is what I have to hand.

Finding good decipherable images of how seat belts fit is a real issue I find, which is why I usually end up with resin seats with the belts moulded. I have had success with the HGW belts in 1/32 scale but they are too fiddly for me in 1/48 but I like the look of the separate belts. I used the Quinta belts on a recent build they looked well when fitted but did not like being fitted and had a propensity to break. How ever I feel that I could solve that problem with some trial and error hence my trying a Kits-World set.

Having the same problem, emailed them and was just sent a picture of a seat with the belts on...

F-4B-10.jpg

I used these on my recent Tam build. I’m knowledgeable on the US harness system on the H-7 so. I know where stuff should go. A few elements of this set are good but others like the lap belt,  are not accurate for US F-4s. I emailed KW months ago and requested perhaps an online downloadable set of instructions. I love the 3D concept but a more accurate rendition would be welcome. BTW, the main components of the kit supplied seat are very accurate and well worth using over any aftermarket replacements. The modeler just needs a harness solution.

• Like 1