Autoblinda AB 41

Hi all

here is my newest kit on the workbench, I have several models started and not yet completed, so I decided to go on with the Italeri 1/35 scale kit.

I have also some aftermarket: Model Victoria turret with interiors, Hussar Production Wheels set, Royal Model and Part PE sets.

The fit of parts is not too good, some filler will be needed here and there, but the overall shape is good.

So here is the starting point and some in progress pictures, the engine doors need to be sanded down, the Italeri original parts are way too thick, also almost all the hinges need to be replaced, a lot of super detailing waits for me.

I decided to start from these historical pictures, as always taken from Stefano di Giusto books "Panzer in OZAK", location is somewhere in the Gorizia area, winter 1944-45, very strange thing, Italeri provide the decals for this particular subject!

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here it starts...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers!

Alessandro

• Like 15

• 6 months later...

Hi all and thank you for the replies.

Here is the AB with the red coat and sand yellow basic colour, I made the scratches with the hairspray technique.

I also weathered the bike, now she needs some scratches on the leather saddle bags.

Cheers

Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

This is seriously good looking Zündapp!!!👍

Yet, for your AB41 I do have question, concern:

looking on your post from 31 Aug 21 - lower doors.

Without looking at any references, do you think, one can open any doors with hinges going at different angles?

I would say - good luck! Apply the common sense.

Zigster

Hi all, so after fixing the hinges issue, I went on with the painting and the decals, I was lucky as Italeri provided the right set for my subject, some things happen once in a lifetime!
Now it's time to start the weathering process.
Cheers!
Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I started the weathering process by a selected washing and a filtering with the oil dot technique.

Now I will let the whole thing to dry a lot and after that I will continue with the dry/wet mud.

Cheers!
Alessandro

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9