P-38G Lightning, "Babe" of the 48th FS, Tunisia 1943

On 8/31/2021 at 10:41 AM, Zigomar said:

Really nice built, but your pics are too dark and should be more bright to fully appreciate the details. Best regards.

Thanks Zigomar - I haven't brightened them up too much to keep the tone of the Olive Drab accurate, but I can see that has meant the grey & shadows are a little dark. I'll work on that for the next one :) 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:12 AM, F-32 said:

Super job, one of the best I've seen

Thank you!

On 8/31/2021 at 1:50 PM, Winenut said:

WOW!

Cheers Winenut

On 8/31/2021 at 3:04 PM, Niels JK said:

Well done !

Thanks Niels

16 hours ago, Tokyo Raider said:

Lovely model!  Fantastic work!

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Great job! :clap2: The weathering is realistic to me and the detailed explanation really helps!  Thanks for posting this.  :D

Cheers Gary, glad you liked it and found the descriptions useful.

• Like 1

That is a really beautiful model. Great paint and weathering job. But can I just point out one tiny nitpick? You might ask what does an AFV modeller know about aircraft. Well, in a previous life, that' all I used to build. The nitpick is the two red circles, either side of the cockpit on the wing upper surface, which I presume are refueling points. You've got them over bare metal where the paint has worn away. I would have thought that the red circles would have worn to the same degree. As I say, a tiny nitpick, and one that doesn't detract from a fine model in any way.

John.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That is a really beautiful model. Great paint and weathering job. But can I just point out one tiny nitpick? You might ask what does an AFV modeller know about aircraft. Well, in a previous life, that' all I used to build. The nitpick is the two red circles, either side of the cockpit on the wing upper surface, which I presume are refueling points. You've got them over bare metal where the paint has worn away. I would have thought that the red circles would have worn to the same degree. As I say, a tiny nitpick, and one that doesn't detract from a fine model in any way.

John.

Thank you John

You are 100% right about the fuel port decals. I was nervous about chipping decals without tearing them, so I tried on a couple of spare decals on test piece. I tried a knife, toothbrush and a brass wire brush and wasn't really happy with any of them so I thought it was less of a problem to leave the decals as is and pretend the crew repainted them :D I was unsure about whether I could paint "chips" to look as good as the actual chipping. But you've given me something to practice and improve for the next build though!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...