Hawker F.20/27 Interceptor Kitbash

In the lead up to the production of the Hawker Fury, various designs and engines were put forth, among them the Radial-Engined "Interceptor", V-12 "Hornet", and finally, the Fury. There were also a number of other Hawker aircraft that shared a very similar design, including the Hoopoe and Hawfinch. My goal is to build each of them, starting now with the F.20/27.

Using the fuselage parts from a Tombo High Speed Fury (low-quality copies of the Matchbox kit), the wings, struts, and landing gear of the Matchbox Fury, the prop of an Eduard BK-534, the engine of a Pegasus Gamecock, the seat of an HPM Beaufighter V, and the wheels of an Airfix Bulldog, I'll slowly be working on this kit between classes. 

Two versions of the F.20/27 existed, the first with a Bristol Jupiter VI, and the second with a Bristol Mercury VI. I'll be building mine with the Mercury.

Hawker F.20/27

So far, I have only built up the cockpit.

Hawker F.20/27

Once this is painted, the nose will be added, and then the tail surfaces will be re-shaped and hopefully I can find a way to replace the fabric detail.

That's all for the moment,

Tweener

Edited by Tweener
  • Like 5

• 2 years later...