Another Airfix 1/72 Mosquito B.XVI on the go

While I'm still working out how to mount the snow guards, and possibly may change them to a more oval shape (there seems to be 2 types).

This is the rear mount for the oval guards and Im having trouble getting it to print the vertical parts, the gauge of the frames is no less than the previous one, I'll keep tying different settings and maybe thicken up the vertical parts.

eTgYrFQ.png

Attention has turned to the tail wheel and its lack of anti-shimmy shape.

I've cut a length of 0.5mm wide strip from 0.125mm plasticard and wrapped two lengths of it around the end of the tyre glued with TET quick set.

The edges were then blended with the tyre with thin CA and its self levelling properties to smooth out.

5sxow9D.jpg

After a little sanding smooth, Ive given it a coat of MRP tyre rubber.

TBSJBdz.jpg

Not perfect but probably better than it was.

Aluminium paint next.

CT

• Like 2

Still no luck getting the back frame of the snow guard to print, think I just have to accept the fact its just too thin. so need to go back to fusion and change a few things. and thicken up a few areas.

Attention today in the Tuesday modelling window went to finishing the tail wheel.

Masked up and coat for Alclad Dull aluminium.

2ZBsGdm.jpg

ksOEWp5.jpg

etPVu7j.jpg

Right the big question is where the (insert chosen word here) is my Molotow Chrome pen, I want to do the oleo!

after fruitless search, its going to have to be a bit of baremetal foil

cut a strip of 0.5mm x 2mm to wrap around and after several attempts and needing to cut new strips I finally got it in place.

LGMNGZy.jpg

I've already sprayed the mainwheels, just need to weather them a little before putting them on.

Might have another go with Fusion 360 tonight.

CT

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Have been trying for around 2 weeks to get the oval ice guard to print but unsuccessfully so I'm going to use the first one that seemed to print successfully, don't know why they worked but they did. 

Sprayed MRP Med sea gray then attached with Gator grip.

2TdEpuj.jpg?2

OUfYNXE.jpg

p1WVrM1.jpg

Xlca76W.jpg

Wheels also went on a few days ago so I think I'll call this complete. 

I'll get some picture taken and make a post on the Ready for inspection area soon

Thanks for looking and have a good evening

CT

And BTW if I ever get those damn oval ice guards to print in the future I might replace them but I wont be getting an 8K printer anytime soon! 🤑

• Like 7

And finally in tribute to the Airfix team I've made the missing axle stands that they didn't complete on the undercarriage (see earlier in this thread)

j0ZakKV.png

Tinkercad tinkering

BgTWxbK.png

3D printing & painting

5Lr8FsV.jpg

A bit of modelling

8U3Ffsn.png

And thats wrap folks!

RFI thread here:-

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cheshiretaurus said:

And finally in tribute to the Airfix team I've made the missing axle stands that they didn't complete on the undercarriage (see earlier in this thread)

j0ZakKV.png

Tinkercad tinkering

BgTWxbK.png

3D printing & painting

5Lr8FsV.jpg

Blimey.

1 minute ago, Cheshiretaurus said:

• Like 1