Blitzbuild 2021 Part 2 chat

Oh crap.....this one caught me by surprise.  Might be time for an last minute eggtrant.  :hmmm: 

I'll have to go dig through the stash tonight and see what jumps out at me.

• Like 2

So, I'd love to enter this one but if I do it's going to be a mad dash to complete it all in one go at the end as we have people visiting this weekend (luckily I have Monday off work), I'll see what I have on the shelf that looks like it might be doable :P what times the deadline on Monday?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ravnos said:

So, I'd love to enter this one but if I do it's going to be a mad dash to complete it all in one go at the end as we have people visiting this weekend (luckily I have Monday off work), I'll see what I have on the shelf that looks like it might be doable :P what times the deadline on Monday?

Midnight UK time on Monday 

I hope you find a suitable victim in the stash.

Cheers Pat 

I'm in for this, I love Blitzbuilds me :) No idea what to do this time though. I think the StuG I did last time has reached the limits of what I can manage with 1/48 armour, so time for a change of tack. I'll have a think and see what turns up. 

Andy

Well this came out of nowhere (for me, who was clearly not paying attention). I'll go have a fossick through my stash soon and see if I can rustle something up. Already a day short, but that's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

Morning all; or, at least, morning small band of blitzers. It seems a bit quiet.

I was going to try this etched ship, which I bought for the "anything but injection" GB but didn't get done, or indeed started.

210828a USS Monitor

I thought this would be a good follow up to my Blitzen(build) boat which had its wake painted in last week.

210813c Finished bow

However a valuable lesson learnt in the Blitzenboat-build was that you have to make the case before the boat so that the sea is the right size to fit the case. Here is the case for the blitzenboat and it's falling to bits:

210828b Perspex problem

but I started the case for the USS Monitor too late.

210828c Perspex procrastination

This is it this morning. The glue is seemingly very fast drying, volatile stuff. To get to full strength in the joints though takes days; I don't want this one to fall apart.

So, the USS Monitor might be a 2021 Blitzenbuild, and a change of plan now to this:

210828d Luna-2

See you in a bit.

Alan

• Like 3

This one comes with perfect timing. I was about to start a quick build as a break from the main build this weekend. Thanks for organizing it!

Sorry if I missed this information but are we allowed to post the same subject in two group builds?

Thanks,

Cristian

• Like 1

Hi Cristian

If the kit unstarted, it's welcome to join this GB.

I'm not sure if there is a "rule" about a build being in 2 GBs at the same time but, traditionally its just the one.

If you can do it in the 2 days you have left you are very welcome to join us.

Cheers Pat 

@JOCKNEY - Will be hopefully be looking at doing something(s) on the Monday using the 24 hours rule.

If I decide to do more than one build would it be possible to do them all in an all encompassing thread rather than doing separate ones?

Saves me time typing etc....

IanJ 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

@JOCKNEY - Will be hopefully be looking at doing something(s) on the Monday using the 24 hours rule.

If I decide to do more than one build would it be possible to do them all in an all encompassing thread rather than doing separate ones?

Saves me time typing etc....

IanJ 

Great stuff Ian

Absolutely no problem if you want to show of doing more than one build in the same thread, despite that making the rest of us feel completely inadequate  !

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, armored76 said:

Thanks Pat for the answer!

I was asking because I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the build until Monday evening so I'm also considering it for the Less Than a Tenner GB.

You can likely do a thread in "Less Than a Tenner GB" if you don't get it finished here, since the window for this falls wholly inside Tenner.  I would wait until you know you're not going to make the finish here before starting over there.  Best check w/ the GB organizer there first to make sure it's not a problem, but I wouldn't think it would be.  I've certainly resumed builds in other GBs that took place later when I didn't get very far (once was as a WiP, not eligible for gallery entry, since I was over 25%...the other I had barely started so was under the 25% rule).  Ultimately the discretion is up to the GB host.

• Thanks 1

Doh! Missed my second Blitzbuild this year! Mind you, I did build something from scratch this weekend:

BF76-A5-D5-860-A-4-CE4-B329-7-CC656-AA95

“Why?” (or worse), I hear you ask. My wife and I have been invited to a birthday party. I’m all in favour of food and drink and company, in roughly that order, but my ardour cooled a little when I found out it was fancy dress - come as something out of Midsummer Nights Dream. Well I am a rude mechanical, so making a donkey head mask will get me there as Bottom. Here’s the half size prototype cut out of a sheet of A4 paper next to the full size cardboard one with eye hole location started.

Artsy people… When you get invited to a party held by a chemical engineer, all you have to do is turn up and drink until you fall over. No nonsense like “come as your favourite long-chain molecule *”.

(* easy, it’s polystyrene!)

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

45 minutes to go.

If you have completed your build please get it in the gallery before it closes at Midnight tonight UK time.

I doth my head in shame for not joining you, some GB host I turned out to be :facepalm:

Cheers Pat

Well done everyone who finished, my apologies again for no finishing myself.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and look forward to catching up on other GBs and of course the BlitzenBuild at Christmas !

Cheers Pat