SBD-3 VS-6 Midway

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

What an achievement!

Details, painting and weathering are among the absolute best I've ever seen...Bravo!

The background story helps me to never forget the horrors of war.

Thank you so much!!

Rod

Absolutely stunning model Rod. Your painting skills are gob-smacking, as is your clean construction. I am thrilled to see no over-blackened panel lines as well. The photos are just wonderful and so well posed against a real background. I am in awe.

Only one teeny weeny question and that would be to ask how such a heavily bombed up aircraft, ready to go, would be perched up on such inflated tyres? Not meant to be a criticism, as I would have expected a wee bit of a flattened bulge, just asking and it may well be that that is the way you like to build your models.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Absolutely stunning model Rod. Your painting skills are gob-smacking, as is your clean construction. I am thrilled to see no over-blackened panel lines as well. The photos are just wonderful and so well posed against a real background. I am in awe.

Only one teeny weeny question and that would be to ask how such a heavily bombed up aircraft, ready to go, would be perched up on such inflated tyres? Not meant to be a criticism, as I would have expected a wee bit of a flattened bulge, just asking and it may well be that that is the way you like to build your models.

Horatio,

I was unable to find resin tires for this kit. So I had to use the vinyl kit tires. I tried to beat them up as best I could. If you were to look at some of my other builds you would see high inflated are not my style. Thanks for question.

Rod