A Kotare Models Wish List Thread

Rafbanter

On 28/08/2021 at 09:06, Beermonster1958 said:

F-86D

Already capably satisfied in 1/72 by Hasegawa; in 1/48 by Revell/Monogram, and 1/32 by Kitty Hawk.

If I could have a wish list it would be to plead with Kotare to do nothing that was in service after 1938...

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 09:06, Beermonster1958 said:

Anything but, every done to death already WWII subject - especially Spitfires!

Now, with that out of the way :

Hurricane IIC/D

TA-152

MiG-15/17

F-86D

F-84F

F-4D1 Skyray

F-7 Cutlass

John

Zoukai Mura do a Ta 152 H-0 and H-1  in 1/32. 

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 5:00 AM, dov said:

Consider the other stupid idea:

Every bomber from the RAF bomber command in 1/32! Later on in 48! 

Or civil airliners of interwar period?

Special designs of WW1 there, the aviation history is full of topics of intetest.

I supose we all, no matter which type it is, will be happy!

Happy modelling & future will tell

I’d be happy with a decent Halifax and Stirling in 1/48. I keep hoping HK will try the Halifax anyway. Airfix is probably due to do both of those subjects in 1/72.

4 hours ago, B.sin said:

They'll never make, what I want!

Then again, nobody will ever make what I want!  🥺

There’s a small manufacturer called ‘Scratchbuilt Models’ that makes exactly that very selection and in whichever scale you want!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Rafbanter said:

Not sure those a currently available though 

I'm pretty sure they are showing on ZM's website, and I've certainly seen a Ta 152 H-1 on ebay.

I haven't looked around other model shops, though.

And yes, I am aware that showing in their website doesn't mean there are boxes out in shops.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, gunzo said:

An accurately shaped DH103 Hornet in collaboration with the local 1:1 reconstruction.

...........also, it would be worth having a very nice number of words with our own @John Aero They'll have to take a number, as the top of John's 'job's to do' list is his 1/1 MG rebuild.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, stalal said:

Can Kotare issue some of WnW's WW1 kits? If thats possible, it will be wonderful.

Probably they are stopped by the ownership of the moulds which would be owned the previous company , WNW

Any type of new mould costs a great deal , especially with tooling and all the paperwork involved with instruction leaflets .

• Like 1

According to their Facebook page, their first release is a real step into the unknown, a totally original subject that nobody has ever thought of producing before...

Of course not, it's a Spitfire 😂

https://www.kotare-models.com/products/k32001-132-spitfire-mkia-late

You can do all the aircraft from the Battle of Britain period now - well almost now they are doing the Mk1 Spitfire that nobody else does - except

No Defiant

No Dornier 17

No Blenheim 

stopping up that gap would be nice

While I doubt it’s for Kotare I have also thought it can only be a matter of time before a manufacturer does a Martin Marauder in 1/32. It’s the remaining major USAF type not kitted (kitsetted ???) in that scale. Maryland and Baltimore excepted also both Martin products. Conspiracy theorists to the front please

Last no one does a 1/48 Stirling or Halifax. No one dare mention the FM product as this is a family friendly site and we don’t want to scare the children

In a way I hope Kotare don’t just do pre WW2 types. I’d like to see a sustainable WNW Part 2 as their models are quite magnificent but I have a nagging doubt as to whether there is a mass market out there beyond us enthusiasts large enough to keep a manufacturer commercially viable. Having said that the world was certainly a better place for having WNW in it and I really wish every success to the guys at Kotare whatever kits and era they produce from

Now Kotare about that 1/32 Fairey Battle with VC winner decals………..

A good series of Allison Mustangs, complemented with a P-51B/C;

Avia B.534;

A 1/32 Chipmunk;

As someone else said, a DH.60, and perhaps a few more Moths while they're at it.

That'll do, I'm not greedy. :coolio:

Bf109 G-6/14.

Bf109 G-6AS/14AS.

Bf109 G-10(From all 3 factories)

Bf109  K-4.

Fw190 Radial engine series.

Fw190 D.

Ta152C/H

Ju87B/D/G

Ta154.

Bf110 G-4.

JU88 G1/6.

Ar234.

Me262.

In other words almost anything from WWII with a Swastika on it!

Spitfire Mk XIV, Preferably highback.

BP Defiant.

Hurricane.

P51 B/C.

I'm very greedy!!

I realise most of these have been done before but most are aging Hasegawa kits that need bringing up to date with the quality of today.

• 4 months later...

Simple for me.

Spitfire Mk. V

Hurricane Mk. I

Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 and E-4

Despite the situation of the market being saturated with 1/32 BF 109s a few years ago, you cannot now find any accurate Bf 109 E-3 or E-4 kits now that Cyber Hobby kits have dried up.  Quite astounding actually.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:45 AM, Flat Chat said:

Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 and E-4

Despite the situation of the market being saturated with 1/32 BF 109s a few years ago, you cannot now find any accurate Bf 109 E-3 or E-4 kits now that Cyber Hobby kits have dried up.  Quite astounding actually.

Hobby 2000 are re-releasing the Cyber hobby E-3, E-4 and E-7 soon if that helps.

• Like 1