A Kotare Models Wish List Thread

Rafbanter

Hi All

After being chastised (quite rightly, too) in another thread it seems that some of us would like to throw our hat in the ring for a Wish List from the newly announced Kotare Models company, so here goes.

www.kotare-models.com

Heres what we know so far:

1. They are made up of some of the key players from the now-defunct Wingnut Wings.
  2. This company had a reputation for extremely high quality …. Wait…wait … I’m gonna say it … kitsets (!).
  3. They seem to be producing in 1/32 scale (at least for the time being)
  4. 2 images posted to their home page seem to indicate a subject hint of some kind.

And that’s about it so far.

So what would you really like to see boxed in high quality in 1/32 scale?

And/or What do you think the subject images could indicate?

Although this is meant as a fun post, try to keep within limits of what you would actually like to build and what you think would actually make some money for the company in order to stay in business.

Everyone’s opinion is valid, so no arguing please.

Over to you

29 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Vulcan B1..... what else do you expect me to say lol

Seriously though they could do an early Bf109 (A-D) or a Do17

Yeah, most kit boxes are a size I can hide from the missus but ...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pommie commie said:

Something that secures their future. So a big seller. Hurricane comes to mind. 

Paul in Napier

Yeah, Fly Models have released I think 3 versions in 1/32 but I hear they're not that great apart from the general shape

Avro 504 in 1/32 perhaps?

There’s plenty of reference material in NZ and this was a very important aircraft back in the day. Loads of different colour schemes possible including a wide variety of commonwealth air arms and some bright post-war barnstormers. Also Qantas’s first aircraft. 

I’ve heard whispers that an Eastern European manufacturer is working on one though, so that might count against it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Seriously though they could do an early Bf109 (A-D)

Oi I’ll have a vote for those also. If its in 1/32nd then I’ll one up ya with the late model Corsairs. The -4,4B, 5, AU-1, and -7. Tamiya’s got the early series down but no one has anything for the later birds. That or early model P-51’s with Allison engines. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Avro 504 in 1/32 perhaps?

There’s plenty of reference material in NZ and this was a very important aircraft back in the day. Loads of different colour schemes possible including a wide variety of commonwealth air arms and some bright post-war barnstormers. Also Qantas’s first aircraft. 

I’ve heard whispers that an Eastern European manufacturer is working on one though, so that might count against it.

Not just a whisper. Roden, i/32nd, to follow on from their new Spad XIII.

Paul.

• Thanks 1

Anything that is pre-ww2 and not something we've seen zillions of times already. This will not stop folks asking for a 1/72 Spitfire V, a 1/32 P-51D-16a (because that block of four aircraft hasn't recently been modelled), a 1/48 Lancaster (because kits already out there aren't made of the right kind of plastic) and sundry other tedious, repetitive, ubiquitous stuff.

My choices:

1/24 Vickers Bullet

1/32 BE.2e

1/32 Bristol Scout

1/32 BE.12 series

1/32 DH.6

1/32 Boulton-Paul Overstrand

1/32 Berliner-Joyce P-16

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are a few I would dearly love to see in 1/32. From WW1

Short 184

BE2c

Bleriot XI

Nieuport 11

A couple of interwar racers

DH88

Percival Mew Gull.

Finally another shout for a Hurricane mk1.

Richie

Well, I would mind to get the models ready, which WNW started already. No idea if files are by hand.

On the other side, WW1 many of the crew know well. So continue! There is plenty to do.

Happy modelling 

Late mark of Beaufighter , H.P. Heracles  and Dragon Rapide , and yes I have the Lukgraph one in post war civvi markings , it`s

good , but not a patch on the former WNWs products , Here`s hoping ! .

Don .

Consider the other stupid idea:

Every bomber from the RAF bomber command in 1/32! Later on in 48! 

Or civil airliners of interwar period?

Special designs of WW1 there, the aviation history is full of topics of intetest.

I supose we all, no matter which type it is, will be happy!

Happy modelling & future will tell

9 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Now you’re talking!

If we give the Gods a nudge by scratch building one each I reckon a KITSET will magically appear. They responded by getting Copperstate to promise a Bristol Scout last time...😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A.W. Siskin III

Bristol Bulldog

D.H. 60 Moth

D.H. 88 Comet

Gloster Grebe

Miles Falcon

Miles Gemini

Miles Messenger

Southern Martlet

I know the last few are pie-in-the-sky, especially the Martlet, but any of those would have me part with my money. 

• Like 1