Hawker Hornet to Hawker Fury - Differences?

Tweener

I have read that the Hawker Hornet, the Fury Prototype, was a slightly smaller aircraft than the Fury, but I can not confirm this or seem to find plans. Is this true? And if so, what other modifications might I need to make?

Thanks, Tweener

Had a fast look in the Putnam bible on the way to the office, and it says Hornet/Fury span 30 ft 0 in/30 ft 0 in, length 26 ft 3 in/26 ft 8 in, height 9 ft 4 in/10 ft 2 in.

So in my opinion nothing to worry about too much.

Edited by Patrik

Looking at the drawings and photos in the Putnam the prop is subtly different (just the boss?) and the structure behind the cockpit where it changes from metal to fabric also looks slightly different. But both differences are small.

I don’t know whether this is directly relevant but I took the following photo at Duxford last week where conveniently the Nimrod and Fury were parked next to each other 

Nimrod and Fury

Usual caveat about these being restorations.

Trevor

• Like 2

"Silver Wings" says "The Fury's airframe was similar to that of the Hornet but had been modified and slightly strengthened in places. The radiator area was greater.........."

Looking at photos again the Hornet cowling is slightly different with the panel line for the upper part below the exhausts as opposed to above them for the Fury.