Deciphering some instructions

aust202

Hi 

Hopefully this is in the right place.

I am working on an Airbus A400m Atlas (not sure if anyone on here has worked on one before) but if you didnt know you can have the cargo bay open or closed. I have decided to make life hard for myself and have the cargo bay open. There is a part in the instructions which is pickling me a little bit and its in regards to the rear flap. If you have the cargo bay closed, the instructions say to glue the whole piece in as one. If you have the bay open you have to cut the piece in half, the one half sits on the floor, the other near the roof. The instructions tell you to insert the upper half in the same way you would if you have the bay closed, however it tells you to not use any glue. For the life of me I cant figure out how its going to stay in place without flapping about and the picture on the box of the rear doesn't show much. I will attach a screen shot of the instructions any pointers are welcome.

spacer.png

FYI these are the full instructions https://downloads.revell.de/Manuals-Modelkits/03929.pdf

14 minutes ago, Jetblast said:

Could it be supported in position by the top of part 110 / section 51.

Thats not a bad shout actually hadnt considered that although looking at the placement part 110 might be too far forward into the plane. But its i'll check it out that way, im hoping to be in a position this weekend with some tape and bands to do a dry run to try and figure it out.

The way the instructions say to do it is like this:

spacer.png

But if you do it like this a) the inner fuselage doesnt fit properly and b) because the thing should be glued, it just pops out.

The only way i can see it fitting is, threaded through the inner fuselage into the location point on the main fuselage, but without glue the thing just falls out. You can also see from this pic its not long enough to rest on top of 110 /51

spacer.png

What i might do is improvise and secure it in an upright position against the internal roof. This is what happens for the real thing anyway.

Please tell me if you think im talking jibberish

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

On my build I glued it in place as the one of my locating arms broke, it does not take much handling to brake. 

45456963941_01dbc261ea_b.jpg

I mounted it pretty much parallel to the ground as this picture that I took of one which visited here in Australia shows

51421289130_622562437e_b.jpg

You also asked where I mounted my battery, well I used the ramp as a shelf to pop the battery/switch on loosely.

45456962991_9a36e5c8be_b.jpg

51421092404_9008713c61_b.jpg

I also glued a support from the roof of the cargo bay to the ramp door (about half way along it) to give it strength to support the handling of the battery.

Here is a link to the full album of pictures from my build. I also added scratch built detail to operational bit and pieces to mine which were not included in the kit for an RAF machine.

Hope this helps