Another Mustang GT4

Foxbat

This is my second foray into car building this year after a break of several decades. There's something about Mustangs (and companies who have sales on the interwebs :D ) that will do that to a man.

As I'm way out of my comfort zone, this will be done as far as possible OOB, although having checked the list of paints required, there will have to be a couple of 'close enough' substitutions from stock or the paint bill will be more than the kit. I've cleared the deck of other projects for the time being so I can get on with this.

First up the box. I like big box and I cannot lie:

spacer.png

Inside are lots of finely moulded parts in various colours. Not sure about the chrome, but also not sure how many of them I actually need for this build - the car on the box has no obvious shiny bits. Must remember to put a protective layer betweent the wheels and those rubber tyres too:

spacer.png

Instructions, painting guide and decals. The left hand scheme is for a car at Goodwood Festival of Speed so I'm going with that one.

spacer.png

Right. Just got to build and paint it now. There's always something 🙄

Andy

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Foxbat said:

... although having checked the list of paints required, there will have to be a couple of 'close enough' substitutions from stock or the paint bill will be more than the kit...

Not an unusual situation unfortunately, particularly if you include the cost of spray cans in there.

Good to see that this has sucked you into the shiny stuff though :)

• 3 weeks later...