The new Tamiya kit build

Dansk

There’s always a lot of excitement with a new Tamiya aircraft release, their quality is sublime and gets better and better, The new F-4 a case in point.

Often it’s not apt to fit them into any of the currently running GB’s,

so it’s been discussed on a thread in the phantom stgb that we could have a dedicated build to whatever the latest and greatest Tamiya kit is when the build is scheduled, (or schedule it around a planned release - not sure how :hmmm:…let’s gloss over that temporarily) 

We could probably get sponsors for this bulk sale too.

So any takers? it will probably be the best kit ever made when it arrives, whatever it may be.

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its a great idea for a build @Dansk, sadly it will be beyond my abilities to join. The new Tamiya kits are incredible (F-14, P-38, & F-4). Sadly the cheapest is the Tomcat which starts @ $69.00 and only gets worse from there. $85.00 for the P-38 and $94.00 for the Phantom will never be affordable by myself. So I will support you in any way possible and if my circumstances ($) change I will be playing along. 

Thanks for the support and I completly understand the predicament @Corsairfoxfouruncle👍

I hurt also when buying a fancy pancy Tamiya kit

- but i nearly always spend over three months on them! (so in man-maths terms) I consider it extremely good value comparing it to a night out or whatever. 

When I spend so long on a kit (particularly with my dodgy skills) I like the kit to be assured quality so I dont spend such a long time on something that fights me all the way. These kits build extremely nicely without requiring aftermarket (which is often more expensive than kits) so consulting my man-maths calculator again that also saves us money 😉

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 2