Fw190A-3 1:72

That is absolutely superb

Beautiful overall finish with moderate weathering that looks just right

The photography is particularly good too and displays the detail in the model perfectly

Well done!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Winenut said:

That is absolutely superb

Beautiful overall finish with moderate weathering that looks just right

The photography is particularly good too and displays the detail in the model perfectly

Well done!

"+1" couldn't say it better.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind compliment. 

12 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Amazing modelling and superb photography! Focus stacking, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thank you! No, not focus stacking, just normal photography taken at f/16 which is ok for this small 1:72 model. I also did some clean up in photoshop which improved the photos a bit more.

Nanond

• Like 3

Beautiful A-3 and the nicest one I have seen so far using the Tamiya kit. My favorite markings, too! Just curious- hard to tell in the photos, but did you use the wheels that came in the kit?

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate it.

29 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Beautiful A-3 and the nicest one I have seen so far using the Tamiya kit. My favorite markings, too! Just curious- hard to tell in the photos, but did you use the wheels that came in the kit?

Mike

Thank you! Yes I used kit's wheels . No aftermarket on this one.

Nanond

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanond said:

Yes I used kit's wheels

According to kit reviews, the wheels were undersized on the Tamiya kit; that and the exhaust stacks and the inner fairing doors being molded shut were the only other major complaints I have read. Cooper Details, which became Barracuda Cast, IIRC, offered a resin set of correct wheels, which I have, and they are larger than what comes in the kit. Very minor issue, to be sure, and does not detract from your excellent build. There's something about JG2 early Wurgers with the stylized eagle that really stands out!

Mike

I was just wondering if you had replaced the kit wheels or not.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

According to kit reviews, the wheels were undersized on the Tamiya kit; that and the exhaust stacks and the inner fairing doors being molded shut were the only other major complaints I have read. Cooper Details, which became Barracuda Cast, IIRC, offered a resin set of correct wheels, which I have, and they are larger than what comes in the kit. Very minor issue, to be sure, and does not detract from your excellent build. There's something about JG2 early Wurgers with the stylized eagle that really stands out!

Mike

I was just wondering if you had replaced the kit wheels or not.  

Thank you for information. I agree that replacing the wheels will definitely improve the appearance of the kit. 

Cheers!
Nanond

On 8/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, Terry1954 said:

Stunning, simply stunning!

What paints did you use and which airbrush?

Terry

I mainly used Mr.Color/Gunze lacquer paints. My airbrush is Vega2000 0.3mm nozzle. 

Thank you all!
Nanond

• Thanks 1