1/72 Revell P-47D-30 - Abandoned project #3 - Finished

Keeping up the momentum, this project finally is complete after many years of neglect.  The model needed silver paint touch-up, repairs for broken horizontal stabilizers and other broken parts, removal of the adhesive residue from the canopy and many small kit parts added. And of course, all of this after the decals had been applied years ago.  This OOB model will look fine lurking in the back of the display case.

P8230404.jpg

P8230405.jpg

P8230408.jpg

P8230409.jpg

P8230412.jpg

This model was begun was an easy, quick project.  Soon as construction began, I did not like the engine cowl flaps and keel.

P8230410.jpg

P8230400.jpg

Scrap kit with original keel.

P8230399.jpg

So, I could not help myself.  Long ago, the model went in for surgery to fix the keel and the cowl flaps.  After recovery, the kit was set aside and resided in a box for many years.  Apologies for the blurry image below.

P8230403.jpg

Back to project #2, the Hellcat.  Then on to abandoned project #4, a 1/72 Me-109G-10, the Hawkeye Designs resin kit.

Don

• Like 11

Lovely build with rather unusual markings and nose art (not familiar to me at any rate).

A resurrected project is a good thing.

:clap2::clap2:

Edited by kapam

Thanks to all for the compliments.  So nice to have this project done and put away.  I'm easily distracted.  A simple task like masking and painting a canopy or fixing self-induced messes can cause me to put aside a model.  So easy just to move on to another project and repeat the process.  The red circles on the model are probably locations of damage from AAA.

Don

11 hours ago, don f said:

The red circles on the model are probably locations of damage from AAA.

I was going to ask about that.  Great job fixing up the Revell Thunderbolt, she looks splendid after the orthodonture and belly tuck.

Your modelling habits sound like mine, sometimes things have to marinate for a while.   😎