Monogram B-36

31 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I have the kit, if only I had the room 😁

I have the room but don't have the kit. I built one once and it's a great kit. bentwaters81tfw, your B-36 is superb. I've seen several built but yours is clearly the best I've ever seen.

Way Nice B36 :thumbsup:

Did you use kit decals, or aftermarket ( if so, who, if you don't mind me asking)

I have one of these in my stash, wanting to build it, but the kit decals are mostly wrong/inaccurate

Thanks for sharing your model with us

Thanks/regards

Alan

She's a beauty!

I love the various panel treatments for the natural metal finish!

:clap2::clap2:

Was it any trouble getting it to the club meeting?  

I'd need a whole back seat and some well-placed cushioning in my car! 🤔

Really superb job Frank 👋👋👋 it's so hard to get such a sharp, consistent finish on a canvas this big but you've absolutely smashed it 👍 

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've seen several built but yours is clearly the best I've ever seen.

What he said!

Alan

Thanks fellas. The wings are removable, so it sits in a box no wider than the tailplane. Decals are Warbird for the walkways and stencils, and Scalemaster sheet SM-31.

As usual, it's painted with Halfords rattlecans in assorted silvers. Biggest problem is getting the fuselage join invisible. No other pictures at present, this one was by way of our club chairman's smartphone and our Facebook website, so it could be better. Surprisingly, it won't fit in my photobooth.

• Like 1

Lovely lovely job! 

Well done - as the others have said, a very impressive build. I take some comfort in your use of rattlecans - I too have one of these to build and using spray cans would seem to be the way. What variations of silver did you use?

SD

3 minutes ago, SafetyDad said:

Lovely lovely job! 

Well done - as the others have said, a very impressive build. I take some comfort in your use of rattlecans - I too have one of these to build and using spray cans would seem to be the way. What variations of silver did you use?

SD

Aluminium, Peugeot Platinum Silver, Nissan Silver.

• Like 1

A monumental model of a monumental aeroplane. This is the most impressive warplane ever conceived, in my view. It looks like from the H G Wells book 'The War in the Air', almost Sci-Fi. Your model is just fantastic. Could you take a picture of it next to this B-24 there to illustrate the incredible size?

15 minutes ago, Toryu said:

A monumental model of a monumental aeroplane. This is the most impressive warplane ever conceived, in my view. It looks like from the H G Wells book 'The War in the Air', almost Sci-Fi. Your model is just fantastic. Could you take a picture of it next to this B-24 there to illustrate the incredible size?

The B-24 next is 1/48 scale.

27379d8f-8594-44e7-ab94-f918ea83cd2d.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2