started this build back in March with the 88 and the Artillery tractor, I had seen a few documentaries with 88’s on bridges retreating from the east. I thought I’d give it a go, I would have liked the bridge to have been a little wider. However the Plus models bridge’s are fantastic, I plan to pop on a base add some water and bobs your uncle.

02-FACCA3-7-FFA-4-A28-A89-D-7-EDD3-BFC69

1-EE24-E38-B72-C-4-D9-F-91-F3-35-B87-BC6

33-A6107-F-2-F7-D-4-AC9-ABB0-3-B8901683-

5-E143937-89-FC-4140-BD12-868-A1217-EA1-

656-B0-F4-A-F50-F-4951-8-DFD-0-B0-AC01-B

67093240-81-BE-44-E3-8-CE6-E5-B402-F3748

6751-A460-607-B-47-B8-A8-A9-BD7-EDB380-C

68-F65746-C884-4-BBA-92-B0-32-CE122516-E

7791756-A-B28-F-4220-BBA6-68-B2-AA3896-C

EDD0-FC59-40-FA-4323-910-D-9-B5-C3786505

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Bodmin said:

Nice idea Ozzy. How do you plan to do the water?

thanks mate, hope to see you back at the bench soon? My plan for the water, woodland scenics do a bottle of self levelling acrylic resin. With a dark green blue colour base to give the river water look.

• Like 1

Dunno how you do it Clive!? A neat idea, done great. It'd take me over a year to get that far. lol.

Are those the Tamiya SdKfz 7 and 88mm kit combined, or another maker? I have both Tamiya kits, but I am after the figures for the winter uniformed 88mm crew. Are they the same as the crew for Tamiya's Flakveirling kit, or a separate kit, or what?

The bridge kit looks great. I'd be making latex moulds of it. Could then cast new parts and make the bridge longer, and or wider.

Looking forward to see what you do with the water............. cheat? Have most of it frozen over, and swept with snow? Maybe a hole in the ice where something went over the side of the bridge and is poking out? Back end of a tram? Or some guy fishing in the hole? lol

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Badder said:

Dunno how you do it Clive!? A neat idea, done great. It'd take me over a year to get that far. lol.

Are those the Tamiya SdKfz 7 and 88mm kit combined, or another maker? I have both Tamiya kits, but I am after the figures for the winter uniformed 88mm crew. Are they the same as the crew for Tamiya's Flakveirling kit, or a separate kit, or what?

The bridge kit looks great. I'd be making latex moulds of it. Could then cast new parts and make the bridge longer, and or wider.

Looking forward to see what you do with the water............. cheat? Have most of it frozen over, and swept with snow? Maybe a hole in the ice where something went over the side of the bridge and is poking out? Back end of a tram? Or some guy fishing in the hole? lol

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder,

I’ve spent most of the year Lurking in the GB area, I built both kits back in Jan, Feb as I found really good prices for both. The 88 is the Dragon kit and the Arty Tractor is the Trumpeter kit. The figures came with the gun although Dragon do them as a separate set. My plan is the scene will be in that mucky time when all the snow is melting away, I’m looking for a suitable base as most planks are 200mm wide I would like to find a 250mm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 10:20 PM, Ozzy said:

The 88 is the Dragon kit and the Arty Tractor is the Trumpeter kit. The figures came with the gun although Dragon do them as a separate set. My plan is the scene will be in that mucky time when all the snow is melting away,

Thanks for that info, I will definitely get the Dragon figures then. If their winter uniforms are compatible with the 88 AND the Nashorn AND the SdKfz 7/1 Flakvierling that will be super ace, saving a lot of hunting around!

I shall watch your metling snow with great interest cos that's what my Pit Stop Dio will have. I've seen your winter StuG dio and that was excellent, but seeing a larger area of snow/slush/muck will be very educational.

Cheers,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 01:22, Badder said:

Thanks for that info, I will definitely get the Dragon figures then. If their winter uniforms are compatible with the 88 AND the Nashorn AND the SdKfz 7/1 Flakierling that will be super ace, saving a lot of hunting around!

I shall watch your metling snow with great interest cos that's what my Pit Stop Dio will have. I've seen your winter StuG dio and that was excellent, but seeing a larger area of snow/slush/muck will be very educational.

Cheers,

Badder

no worries Badder,

the melting snow will be very much like the Stug Dio I did, but this time there will be more blackened edges. I just popped the tram I built the other year to see where to put the overhead cables, I’m now wavering as I have a Miniart Russian service tram in my limited stash that would look nice with some other bits. Decisions, decisions.

5-FB78-AAA-517-A-4347-AF3-F-E3484778-E5-

C1-F8990-B-C5-CA-4-D80-8-DB9-A26616-EFB8

F5-D29986-4244-4-A04-8050-E88-FB1-AAB913

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/10/2021 at 11:58, Badder said:

Hi, Ozzy,

Well, if you've got a Russian tram in the stash, when better to make and use it?

Rearguards,

Badder

it’s on the list of builds next year either as part of a group build or on its own.

On 07/10/2021 at 12:16, Melsmith said:

Excellent work on the 88, great inspiration  

Cheers