Any Model shops in Norwich

Harrier/ViperFan

I am staying in Great Yarmouth and so far only found one place that sells models that is mostly a toy shop. I am off to Norwich tomorrow can anyone point to a proper model shop that’s a actually has lots of different Aircraft model kits?

There is one down an arcade. Sorry I Don.t recall the name but I think it's something like Langley toys and models . A fair selection of kits.and some 2nd hand one's plus lots of paint etc. I came across it by accident web. I was staying there a couple weeks ago. While there pop up to the aircraft museum the other side of the airport. Some kits in their shop too plus some nice real aeroplanes outside. I have posted some pics here somewhere.

Stop press:  16 Royal Arcade, Norwich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

There is one down an arcade. Sorry I Don.t recall the name but I think it's something like Langley toys and models . A fair selection of kits.and some 2nd hand one's plus lots of paint etc. I came across it by accident web. I was staying there a couple weeks ago. While there pop up to the aircraft museum the other side of the airport. Some kits in their shop too plus some nice real aeroplanes outside. I have posted some pics here somewhere.

Stop press:  16 Royal Arcade, Norwich.

Confirm it's Langleys, glad to hear it's still going.  Also I'll add my recommenadation for the museum at Horsham St Faith, former home of (among others) the 458th BG and 74 Sqn RAF.

• Like 1

It probably didn't survive the pandemic but there was a small shop that sold 2nd hand kits just by the market in Norwich. I have not been to Langley's for some time but it's a standard Toymaster down stairs but with a good model shop upstairs.

23 hours ago, Paul821 said:

It probably didn't survive the pandemic but there was a small shop that sold 2nd hand kits just by the market in Norwich. I have not been to Langley's for some time but it's a standard Toymaster down stairs but with a good model shop upstairs.

When I visited recently, it was on ground floor independent from the toy section and in the arcade. The toy section was closed and at another location within the same arcade with a notice on the window stating a move further down and where I found the rather good model shop.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I didn’t know that, but then I have never been there. I was in Norfolk in the early 1990’s but I wasn’t into modelling at that point so never looked for it. Cheers. Mark.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2021 at 18:21, Harrier/ViperFan said:

Nope 

I went to Hannants while I was down in June this year, and was awestruck by the sheer range of stuff they have in there! I was allowed to walk around but was not allowed to go upstairs, even so; shelving with piles of models high of all kinds and all sizes and scales! I could have bought tons of stuff if I had the money and I know someone who did, took a trolley that was in there and filled it up, the result of this cost him and his pal over £1000 each!🤣😂 I suppose it would be very easy to do that. I'll never see the likes of that again unless I go back to Hannants next time I go to Norfolk!