1/48 Bobcat Yak-28PP Brewer E – White 53

Excellent work Mike!  I think the Yak-28 is such a cool piece of Cold War machinery and you have done a great job with yours.  The camo looks excellent and I like the base and pilot too.  I know what you mean about Vallejo "faded" Russian blue - too dark to my eyes - but the Colourcoats grey looks great.  Top job!

• Like 1

Wowser! What an awesome build of an awesome aircraft. Your freehand spraying on the camo is really really nice...wish i had the confidence and skill to do that more often but i get nervous and tend to mask instead. 🙄

Great build.... thanks for sharing...glad it came back from the shelf of doom

• Like 1

Mike it looks great! I too have struggled with AV Vallejo paints sometimes but the colours are excellent. I think you have captured the look of the aircraft very well!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

The Soviet Union came up with lots of wild, weird looking configurations during the cold war, and to me, some of them, while not classically pretty, have a striking beauty about them. Like this Yak, the Tu-22 Blinder with its engines where noone else would consider installing them, the Hind-D, and I'd put the MiG-29 in this category too. They all have a predatory, or Dan Dare kind of beauty to them.

The build looks fantastic, well done! It's also one to add to my wishlist :D

Edited by kiseca
  • Like 1