1/48 Siebel Si 204D

Hi All

Here is my latest aircraft build. It is Special Hobby's Siebel Si 204D.

It is a typical Special Hobby kit except that it features alignment pins! Mind you most broke off in the locating holes when I test fitted the fuselage together.

The only problem I had was getting the dihedral on the wings correct as they were a bad fit with much sanding of the locating tabs and slots.

I thought I would have a problem with the cockpit transparency as I read that some found that it was wider than the fuselage and needed bending and heating but mine fit with just a little persuasion with several strips of thin Tamiya Tape. The circular front piece fitted on with no problems.

Si204a

Si204b

Si204c

Si204d

Si204e

Si204f

Si204g

Si204h

Thanks for looking

Mick

• Like 46
  • Thanks 2

Hi Mick,

it turns out really nice. I always want to buy and build this type, but never really dared, because I read about too many issues. So maybe I will change may mind now. My father flew the Siebel at the end of the war for blind flight training, several time and was thrilled about the flight characteristics. So it seems that I have to build one.

Cheers 

Andy 

• Like 1

Thanks all

I got it as it looked unusual (I like unusual) and has a great cockpit with lots of detail.

Andy, Special Hobby have got better over the years. The big problem is the fit of the engine nacelle. They are too large for the wing attachment points. I followed an old build that cut and bent the lower attachment area on the wing but couldn't do much about the sides except use some filler. As I already said, the wing roots needed work doing as well. As your father flew one it would be great if you could build one and paint and decal it to the one he flew, if possible.

VolkerR it won't win a beauty contest! However that was part of the attraction for me😀

Herrick thank you.

James cheers I like building the different and uncommon.

Thanks Giampiero.

• Thanks 1

Nice one, @MickE, built the same kit a few months back and, like you, discovered a few hiccups which, apart from being irritating, were not hard to overcome.

Must say you got a far better result with your clear parts than I did. Must have had a gap in the masking somewhere, 'cos I've got grots all over the canopy which is, of course, the most obvious part of the build.

An interesting and different aircraft which, I found out, was used by a number of forces at the end of the war.

A great build !

Rog 

• Like 1

Thanks Rog. I used Eduard's cockpit mask set, which I don't normally have problems with except for the odd bit of the adhesive sticking to the windows. If I get a bit of paint on the window I find a  wooden cocktail stick usually does the job.

Oh I know exactly what you mean. I do suffer with it sometimes myself. It's not there when you mask the canopy but appears when you remove the mask. I reckon it's caused by static electricity as you pull the mask pieces off which attracts the fragments. I was ok this time.

• Like 1