892 Sqn phantom 1/48I

Tony G

It is my intention to build a Phantom FG1 Royal Navy 892 Sqn in the last Hms Ark Royal commission livery, Hopefully as XV591 – 013 which was my aircraft until it went to the RAF 111 Sqn in 1978.

spacer.png

My aircraft leaving the Ark Royal for the final time

spacer.png

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Well I think you should have kept it. It would have been a great reference. 😁

The RAF played with it broke it and scraped it.  Typical RAF you let them play with your toys and they break them.

• Haha 2

Just now, DaveJL said:

Look forward to this! I've the same kit in the stash that I also plan to mark as and 892 machine.

No presure then. 

If my memory or any of the info I have accumilated can be of any assistance please ask.

all the best for your build.

4 minutes ago, Tony G said:

No presure then. 

If my memory or any of the info I have accumilated can be of any assistance please ask.

all the best for your build.

Thanks mate, won't be for this GB but sometime in the future :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Anthony in NZ said:

Great to see you get your build up on the board mate!  You have me cheering from the sidelines buddy!

Cheers Anthony

Cheers Anthony

It will be a challenge to get anywhere near your dedication and attention to detail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tony G said:

Cheers Anthony

It will be a challenge to get anywhere near your dedication and attention to detail.

LOL,  thanks, but I havent finished it yet....I need builds like yours to keep me inspired and motivated when I get stuck in all the tiny details!

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well, they say it never rain but it pours.

Due to unforeseen urgent events that must occupy a lot of my time for the next few weeks, I feel I will not have time to undertake the 1/48 892 Sqn Phantom as planned and give it the level of detail and finish I wanted to try and achieve, in the time available.

So, I have decided to change my build to an Airfix 1/72 Royal Navy toom instead but still in catapult configuration hopefully I will be able to complete that before the end date. I will not be able to include the fibre optics lighting the reheat or the level of cockpit detail as I intended for the larger model but that’s life.

I hope this is acceptable to the group build

• Like 1
  • Sad 1