Revell '69 Boss 302

TonyW

Another Mustang has been corralled, with the Boss 302 completed this afternoon.

Lots of fiddly bits needed to finish, including fitting the side mirrors after adding the chrome 'glass' inside them, adding a door handle stolen from a Chevy Nova kit. The second handle is somewhere in my shed after pinging off my tweezers during fitting. I'll add it to the car if it ever turns up. A keyhole also got added using a .7 mm brass rivet.

20211016-153419.jpg

Photoetch wiper arms got added and they seriously tried my patience. Very awkward to bend into a 3D shape and even more awkward and more than a bit terrifying to glue to the screen. I got there in the end. Glue 'n Glaze was the adhesive of choice.

20211016-142158.jpg

Radiator top hose added to the radiator along with replacing the fuel pipe for a more accurate one. I had fitted an earlier version that stood quite proud in the engine bay. It's replacement runs up from the pump and across the manifold under the air cleaner.  My eyeballs got a workout adding the hood pins and securing wires. There's a compromise here. The wires should run through the grill. They could on the model as the grill is open but had I run them through there the hood would need gluing in place. No way, Jose.

20211016-154612.jpg

The rear spoiler was added along with the rear bumper and that was that!

Here's the obligatory black glass base shot, this time using a printed brick paper background.

20211016-160605.jpg

The extra time allowed for the GB let me go a bit further with the build than I would have otherwise been able to. Thanks for that Gents.

Tony.

• Like 10