HMS Resolution R class Battleship

10 hours ago, longshanks said:

More tiny steps towards a major project ...........

Stay safe

Kev

Cheers Kev it is starting to feel like some thing major from what was only supposed to be a Thursday night club build.  :shrug:

Stay Safe

beefy

It looks good in that last update Beefy, catching the look of the Rs nicely. Coincidently, while ratting around for something else, I stumbled across my copy of British Warships of the Second World War, a Folio of scale plans, with Royal Oak in 1/384. I've had this for nearly 50 years now & I rather think it is from this that my interest in ship builds & the Rs in particular stems. Carry on. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Steve and Rob bit slow with this build 1/500 scale is small for me so that is the reason for the slow ahead but small progress this week more of the ships boats made up added the cradles and ready for paint.

Also got a start on the main bridge parts with the starfish platform added.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And an offer came from the big A and just thought why not they will come in handy for some other builds when I get time.

Would love to do a Newcastle or Edinburgh one day seem to spend more time reading than building these day's

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 14

That starfish is looking very good. From such unpromising raw material, I think you have a major success on your tentacles hands. It is certainly going to look very different.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

Small update filling up the boat deck then dry fit of the forward main mast and range finder.

Also started work on the aft mast and some of the radio shack and platforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 14

Small update made up the base as per my usual format baseboard from an old wardrobe side parts are from some old wood blinds and king span for the sea base basic shape drawn and cut out to take the hull some small gaps will be filled with silicone sealer.

Also started on the boat deck twin mount's which have a rather large base that needs removing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also got some more light reading material.

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 15

On 11/27/2021 at 9:14 AM, robgizlu said:

Beefytastic B)

Rob

On 11/27/2021 at 2:08 PM, JohnWS said:

:ditto:  Looking great beefy. :goodjob:

... and a new word for our vocabulary.  Thx Rob! :yes:

John

Gent's thanks for the kind replies, new words and likes it is appreciated.

Unfortunately I am limited to any kind of online time at the minute we lost our electricity supply on Friday night with no repair time set as yet I do not have a backup generator like @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies so I am slying some time on my work PC during my lunch break for now hope to get more updates soon when I can defrost all the dangley bits   :cold:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 5
  • Sad 1