Two nice pairs of Bristols

Ok first picture post here but part of my ongoing Bomber Command project. Both Airfix, both 1:72. Only question I have - can you tell which one I built  over a year ago, and which one is the most recent? More pics on request if you don't stone me.

spacer.png

Edited by Simon Nonymous
smut
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BillF67 said:

My guess - one at the front most recent. Both are really nice, though.

Well no. I built the Mk IV last week, the Mk I last year.

Thank you for your kind words, I am a bit of a perfectionist, but also like the planes to look the way they look. 

14 hours ago, Jochen Barett said:

Just show us more of that pair of Bristols!

What could be better than two lovely pairs of Bristols? Maybe four of them on one plane.... so what's in my stash to be built that has four of them ? 😉

Still trying to work out the best way to share some more pics, back to you tomorrow if I can figure it out.

Edited by Simon Nonymous

9 hours ago, Simon Nonymous said:

+++

What could be better than two lovely pairs of Bristols? Maybe four of them on one plane.... so what's in my stash to be built that has four of them ? 😉

Still trying to work out the best way to share some more pics, back to you tomorrow if I can figure it out.

For some unexplainable reason I seem to like them more in pairs than in sets of three or five, so four maybe isn't all bad.

• Like 1

Who could resist a post title like that one! 😁

But, in all seriousness, that is a very fine pair of builds.

I like the finish - imparting a multi-mission look to them both.

:clap2::clap2:

2 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Oh errrr missis what a fine pair  :like: i am toying with the idea of grafting the nose from the MKIV Classic Airframe kit onto the nose of the Airfix 1.48th kit

sods law says that when i do Airfix will release a MKIV in 48th scale . :hanging:

Indeed, isn't that the way of things? I've made the Mk I in 1:48 Airfix too, and it's a very good kit. It shouldn't be too hard for Airfix to create the Mk IV variant the way they did with the 1:72 kits, with a different nose/cockpit, and a twin gun turret for the mid upper gunner.

3 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Oh errrr missis what a fine pair  :like: i am toying with the idea of grafting the nose from the MKIV Classic Airframe kit onto the nose of the Airfix 1.48th kit

sods law says that when i do Airfix will release a MKIV in 48th scale . :hanging:

Sod's law of model kits states (as far as I remember)

- there is a plane/ship/tank/vehicle you desperately want and nobody offers it.

- as soon as your scratch build (based on unreliable plans) is almost complete a "much better" vacuform kit will be available (and you purchsae it)

- shortly before your vauform kit is done (it takes a while), a small company will do a crummy but still "mcuh better" limited production run model of your kit (maybe resin) (and you purchase it)

- when this short run kit is almost done, a "real" model company will produce your desired kit in much better quality, and maybe an aftermarket supplier will provide decals etc. (and you purchase it)

- only shortly after your model is complete, that very special version (two-seater, early/late model, MKxy ...) of "your" kit will be available on the market.

(Don't ask, how I know! I should still have some Ta 154 vacuform parts and old Revell Ju 88 propellers somewhere)

• Like 1