Skitsnyggt bygge, Niklas! (That's polite Swedish for 'exquisite build').

The old lady looks very convincing indeed, with the slightly hanging control surfaces, the RAT out and the very typical wear on the black LE paint. Bravo!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

The paintjob on that is impeccable. That camo is so well done, and the panel lines - I can't tell if you highlighted them or not but they show up with just the right amount of definition - for my tastes at least. Very subtle. Marvelous work, beautiful result.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

Is the RAT the object hanging down just in front of the port wing root?

What scale is this please - 1/72nd  or 1/48th?     Superbly done.

Affirm, that's the one. :) 

Scale is 1/72.

Thanks!

Guys, thanks for all the kind comments on this one. :)

11 hours ago, kiseca said:

The paintjob on that is impeccable. That camo is so well done, and the panel lines - I can't tell if you highlighted them or not but they show up with just the right amount of definition - for my tastes at least. Very subtle. Marvelous work, beautiful result.

Panel lines are enhanced with some light pre-shading, and a subtle wash afterwards. As you say, it's tricky to get it "right", not showing too much. 

Thank you for all the kind words, I appreaciate it. :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ianwau said:

Great aircraft, great scheme!  Have this in my stash with similar intent.... One day...

It looks really cool sitting on the shelf. This is my second one in this camo, have made an AJ 37 before as well. On the AJ 37 I actually cut my own masks from a scale drawing and Tamiya tape, but on this one I "cheated" with pre-cut masks from Maestro Models. Made life a little bit easier, and saved me a good few hours of tape cutting... :) 

• Like 1

That's really impressive, top work. The Viggen is my favourite aircraft, I hope I can do justice to the, um, four Special Hobby kits in my stash!

I've often thought that any modeller having doubts on attempting that scheme needs to channel JFK's moonshot speech as motivation... "We choose to paint the Viggen splinter camo. We choose to paint the Viggen splinter camo and the other things - not because they are easy, but because they are hard!"