Three racing Jaguars

Here are my three latest completions ,two 1986 Silk Cut Jags,the smaller non Silk Cut one is a 1/43 Provence Moulage resin kit ,the Silk Cut cars 1st. race at Silverstone. No ciggy advertising was allowed! The bigger one is a Profil 1/24 resin kit,its twice the size of the other car. This is from the 1986 Le Mans 24hrs.race. Then there's the green 1/32 1959 Lister Jaguar MK1. I never knew there was such a car,but I've made this for the person who owns and races it now. There's a green Lister badge on the radiator grille.Its a 1/32  George Turner models  body with the grille,bumpers and windows only. It does come with a base for a motor,so I had to make an interior including the dashboard and seats etc. George Turner makes very decent models! Oh and the wire wheels came from Pendle Slot racing shop.Thats enough chat,hope you like the models! Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 24

Very nice, all three of them.  The green Jag looks particularly good.  I have a PM Jag XJR8 waiting to be built.  I hope it comes out as well as yours.

Trevor

• Like 1

Stunning. Nostalgia condemns me to like the green Mk I best but the 1/24 Silk cut works for me too, I just wish the Silk Cut Jags didn't look as though the accountant cut funding just behind the rear wheels though, they've always looked a bit truncated to me. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

On 20/08/2021 at 08:00, Kitkent said:

you both like the MK1,me too!

And me - it's lovely! But the two Silk Cut machines are rather tasty too!! I built a 1/43 PM XJR many years ago, one of the few 43rds I've actually finished, and I have no idea what happened to it..... 

Three cracking racing cats...!!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Must admit I've never been a fan of the LeMans style cars, even though you have done a great job with them, I think it's the covered in wheels 🤔

But that Mk1 is stunning, great colour and the wire wheels are superb :) 

Well done 

Ian :) 

• Like 1

Cheers Ian,the MK1 is popular! Must admit I do like this one myself,I managed to put a Lister badge on the grille it can just about be seen. The real car car will be racing at the Goodwood Revival soon. Thanks again. Chris.

• Like 1