Walrus best drawings

DLinevitch

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Edition of what?

I've got this:

51388575391_38913d05f0_b.jpg

Chris

I need some expertise, just the first ones that come across are not suitable. Best existing source required

Edited by DLinevitch

And if it is "expertise" that you're looking for, perhaps it can be better found by questions about the subject, rather than just looking for a drawing? 

As for the latter, if you really want expertise, there are probably some Walrus drawings in the collection of the RAF Museum, though I really can't say for sure, since I was pursuing other Supermarine products.

The best set of general arrangement Walrus drawings that I have are in the older MMP book on the Walrus and Stanraer. Very nice 1/72 drawings of both types on a large fold-out sheet. The book has very good detail photos and other info as well. Unfortunately I believe it's currently out of print, but...

http://mmpbooks.biz/ksiazki/70

...I would assume the same drawing set, in 1/72 and 1/48, is contained in their newer "Scale Drawings" monograph on the Walrus.

http://mmpbooks.biz/ksiazki/354

As brewerjerry noted, the "Seawings" site is great. It has a good set of Walrus drawings, a factory maintenance manual with dozens of detailed  illustrations, and a set of "walkaround" photos (can't link these directly, but it's easy enough to browse the site):

http://www.seawings.co.uk

Edited by MDriskill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gingerbob said:

And if it is "expertise" that you're looking for, perhaps it can be better found by questions about the subject, rather than just looking for a drawing? 

As for the latter, if you really want expertise, there are probably some Walrus drawings in the collection of the RAF Museum, though I really can't say for sure, since I was pursuing other Supermarine products.

Sorry, English is not my language. I meant that I need an answer from people who actually understand this issue. I just need the drawings. The best choice would of course be the original factory blueprints if they were readily available, but apparently this is not the case.

22 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Try to get hold of a set of instructions for the Aeroclub Walrus. They were drawn by John Adams himself, and I'd say they'd be more than sufficient for your purpose. 

Can you explain please in more detail what you mean?

Edited by DLinevitch

11 hours ago, MDriskill said:

Have you looked at the "Seawings" site yet? The Walrus manual has 43 images of this quality. Not sure you can do much better.

8-CACFE94-F165-4-F1-F-994-F-8-E580-F0-B5

Ah, glad they’re still up. I copied those at Point Cook in 2001. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

The drawings from the MMP turned out to be complete rubbish, above the MMP, below the combined composition of drawings from the factory manual and photographs

fhk.jpg

BTW, can anyone suggest the types of wing & empennage airfoils for Walrus?

Edited by DLinevitch

• DLinevitch changed the title to Walrus best drawings
  • 1 month later...