Reskinning a Cat. Jaguar E-type Speedster

• 2 months later...

I hadn't realised it has been so long since my last confession. Anyway progress on this build has been a bit stop and go due to other projects but it is finally coming together. The inserts, cut from Aber Mesh, for the front and side vents are in, a bit of CA overspill meant the bonnet had to be resprayed, fortunately I had a surplus of the special mix blue. I had planned to cut the badge boss from the kit part but used a circle of plasticard insted with the kit decal.

spacer.png

Rear suspension is in. The interior is now being made to fit, with a bit of trimming needed to the rear edge of the door cards to fit around the contoured interior.

spacer.png

• Like 15

A bit more progress. The interior is in after a bit of faffing to get it to fit in my out of assembly order sequence. Engine ignition leads added from 0.3mm monofilament, fortunately the two drill bit ends that snapped off in the distributor cap don't show. I was hoping to get the front suspension/steering sorted today but I discovered two left discs don't make a right.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10