JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER, THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE"

On 03/09/2021 at 16:15, Carius said:

Top job my friend. You did an excellent kit and I love your weathering effects 

Cheers Francis

Hi Cesar,

Many thanks for your kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 15:41, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

Loving the dried mud with excellent colour, texture and a perfect soupçon of vegetable matter! The leaves had to be there somewhere! Also, great photos once again, and thanks for adding the bird's eye view, which a lot of people seem to forget!

Keep up the fantastic work, stay safe,

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Many thanks for your like, follow and kind words, i'm glad you like it. 

Yep. the leaves were somewhere ... lol. When I take the photos, I try to show the result in the best possible way, for better or worse (I hope for the former ... lol), and that they serve as a reference to the possible modeler, who plans to make a similar model.
I myself when I think about doing one, before, I see on the net, that there is that I like more than other proposals of the same model in question, and that they help me for possible errors of assembly of the instructions, or not very precise, there you can look like it would once finished ...
All the best and TC
Francis.👍

On 09/09/2021 at 01:09, stevehnz said:

A superb job Francis, your weathering & track wear is extremely well done. 👍

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

I hope to keep improving the work ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 16:03, edjbartos said:

Very good work Francis, lovely painting and weathering, looks great...

Ed

Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

I hope to keep improving in painting and weathering, my favorite parts of the hobby ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2021 at 14:30, Xantippos said:

Cool, great effects & weathering. Looks like it needs some servicing after heavy fighting :P !

Hi Xantippos,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

Yep, A walk through a battlefield must be very hard, and the custodians "have to pay for their children's college too" ... lol😅
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

That's a peach mate, reach nice. What a beast they mush have been to face. I remember a story told of the reaction of the western allies when they saw these in the Berlin parade in '45.......a little perturbed...:worry:

Nice job mate.....:yes:

Simon.

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2021 at 15:46, Redcoat2966 said:

That's a peach mate, reach nice. What a beast they mush have been to face. I remember a story told of the reaction of the western allies when they saw these in the Berlin parade in '45.......a little perturbed...:worry:

Nice job mate.....:yes:

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Many thanls for your follow, like and kind commnts, i'm glad you like it,

I imagine that yes, the equivalent Allied tanks of that time were not that numerous or powerful, or they were in the process of development or they were very few numerically in comparison.:hmmm:
I remember reading a caption on a Red Square parade, already in the Cold War, similar, when the Allied observers saw the T-10M, which also caused them uneasiness ...
This is precisely another brute who will soon (I hope) make his "parade" through the forum ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/01/2022 at 19:13, Pawel Szczudlyk said:

Very nicely done tank. Weathering and painting  is spot on. Pictures as well really good. If you don't mind I will use some of your ideas as a reference to my future build.

Cheers 👊🏻

Hi Pawel,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Of course not, delighted, if I can help with something, do not hesitate to ask, I will try to do it, although images are always better than words...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

Nice job !!

I have the same kit on my bench, in a state of semi-half-maybe-build complete.

Even though fully vaxed, I've contracted COVID, 3 times now, and between that and work, I've done nothing for months.

Seeing yours has made me think about picking it up again ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

Nice job !!

I have the same kit on my bench, in a state of semi-half-maybe-build complete.

Even though fully vaxed, I've contracted COVID, 3 times now, and between that and work, I've done nothing for months.

Seeing yours has made me think about picking it up again ;)

Hi Longbow,

I'm sorry to hear that, 3 times sick from this "damn" virus, I hope you manage to recover completely.
I will love to see your interpretation of the IS-2 when you decide to finish it.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
17 hours ago, Michael_55 said:

The finished product you made is really wonderful like a work of art.  

I don't think it's easy for anyone to copy. The details are detailed and harmoniously matched.

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your follow and most kind words, i'm glad you like it.

Personally I think that it is more difficult to copy than to create, in this hobby, since we already have an initial base (sprues, plans, decals, paint schemes, original references for more reliability...). Of course when I start a kit, before, fortunately, there is the Internet, an immense source of knowledge and help. I see models like the chosen one, already finished, and if I'm lucky, at least I fix 2 to 5 and I end up choosing the one that I aspire to as closest to my style/ability. Inevitably, it will have resembled it, but when it is finished, it is already a different and unique model. And of course, there are amazing modelers on the forum, IMHO, with a higher level than me, who could replicate it and even improve it. So that all the details fit as you say, it is good to take your time, and try, if you are not convinced, it is better to delete, repeat, or discard... do not leave anything that does not make us feel that it should be there, and it remains stupendously.... that way, the final result will be something that when we see it, gives us good feelings.

Cheers and TC

Francis 👍

• 3 weeks later...