JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER, THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE"

Hi Pals,

The model I share is the well-known and iconic JS-2 Stalin. The model is basically OOB, except for an added antenna, Eureka brand copper tow cables, and some PE cast markings on the turret.
There are no major problems to review in its assembly, this being simple and quite fast to complete.
The tracks are individual plastic link, (although it also included rubber ones, very good too), but although these have been more laborious to make, they are quite simple to manipulate, since the pieces are of a manageable size, with a finished of some saggy.
The painting was not a big problem, this time, the chosen tone, I liked the first time, and then the process, the same as for other models, using oils and pigments.
The bottom and side have dry mud-like pigments, and there is some dry vegetation at random spots.
I hope you like it, and thanks for watching and commenting as always.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

wRHAt9H.jpg

5OQhiqN.jpg

GS5IjFQ.jpg

0pFpcHf.jpg

lx49yXj.jpg

qxpAe4s.jpg

PyX1UC4.jpg

SpBNryM.jpg

a6pw0Q0.jpg

RPGUBaT.jpg

qu6mdJJ.jpg

rEPiQKs.jpg

TrjFRir.jpg

BLACK BACKGRPUNG:

OhoQmZU.jpg

tlqEeFa.jpg

AuaUcLn.jpg

89NbVBG.jpg

PQ2iK3k.jpg

t1ECSrq.jpg

NRAG2UM.jpg

AGvX770.jpg

W81yABy.jpg

d3qqJxQ.jpg

UeROb5e.jpg

v37C8i3.jpg

inxu5TY.jpg

pJGLAb2.jpg

QfqSHjp.jpg

2udkJcI.jpg

CH5AVYS.jpg

Ljut9sc.jpg

Tu1XiCt.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
SIZE AND WEIGHT REDUCED PICS
  • Like 49

• FrancisGL changed the title to "THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE", JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER

Hi Francis. I hope you are well. As always, your model looks absolutely superb! Fantastic modelling, weathering and presentation! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Superb work, as usual!

Weathering is excellent,  particularly like the crust of dried mud around the lower hull and running gear,  not too much to obliterate the detail but enough to convey the idea. Nice work with chips, scrapes, stains and scratches, tools and cables look really well done too.

Initially the perfect headlamp lens jarred against the rest of the well used JS but....its a replacement recently fitted by the crew??

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

• FrancisGL changed the title to "ЭТА МАШИНА УБИВАЕТ ФАШИСТА! (THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCIST!), THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE", JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER
21 hours ago, echen said:

Удивительный убийца зверей (Awesome "Beast Killer")

HI echen,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

I was thinking of a title for the topìc, very similar, but in the end I gave up, not to be confused with another "Zveroboy", the ISU-152 ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• FrancisGL changed the title to JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER, "ЭТА МАШИНА УБИВАЕТ ФАШИСТА!, THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE"
On 19/08/2021 at 14:33, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. I hope you are well. As always, your model looks absolutely superb! Fantastic modelling, weathering and presentation! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Many thanks for your like, follow and kind words, i'm glad you like it,

All the best and TC

Francis.👍

On 19/08/2021 at 17:06, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Francis. As always, this is up to your usual standards.

John. 

Hi John,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

On 20/08/2021 at 07:56, Jasper dog said:

Superb work, as usual!

Weathering is excellent,  particularly like the crust of dried mud around the lower hull and running gear,  not too much to obliterate the detail but enough to convey the idea. Nice work with chips, scrapes, stains and scratches, tools and cables look really well done too.

Initially the perfect headlamp lens jarred against the rest of the well used JS but....its a replacement recently fitted by the crew??

Cheers 

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it, much appreciated. 

Well seen, sometimes "the trees prevent us from seeing the forest ...", I think that an excess of mud or equipment, inevitably hides much of the previous work, so unless it is really well finished and "placed", it can be negative.

Well, yes, with the headlamp, that was my idea, I have seen many Soviet armored vehicles, with the "cone" empty ... but in some pause they could change it ...? ... lol ... also the part is not original from the kit, I lost it ... and had to put one from a Soviet GAZ truck ... a little bigger ... so the damage / battle fix is justified ... lol.

The tow cables were very authentic, although it was difficult to "fit" them in their proper place, I had to cut something to adjust them, and the position was not clear in the instructions ...

Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• FrancisGL changed the title to JS-2 STALIN 1/35 TRUMPETER, THE BRUTE OF RED TIDE"

Hi Francis,

Loving the dried mud with excellent colour, texture and a perfect soupçon of vegetable matter! The leaves had to be there somewhere! Also, great photos once again, and thanks for adding the bird's eye view, which a lot of people seem to forget!

Keep up the fantastic work, stay safe,

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

A fully weathered model, so I'm in my happy place. 😃 Is that an Adam Wilder influence which I detect? No bad thing in my book.

I want to ask you about the apparent rust effect on the rear edges of the side armour plates, though. If you have a ref for that, that's great, but I wondered what story it's telling.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Julien said:

Very nice, but the images are very large, please resize them to a max of 1280 wide

Thanks

Hi Julien,

Sorry, I have edited the topic, and I think that now the photos are lighter, and I suppose that now it will handle better in users with slow connections.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 22/08/2021 at 14:58, Buzby061 said:

Lovely work on the brute, the little dings & bent bits add to the realism of it. The tow cables make a big difference, nice to see one on Polish markings too.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.

tow cables, they were hard to fit, but it was worth it in the end.
I tried to put other marks, but the one I liked the most was the Polish eagle ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 08/09/2021 at 16:03, Ade H said:

A fully weathered model, so I'm in my happy place. 😃 Is that an Adam Wilder influence which I detect? No bad thing in my book.

I want to ask you about the apparent rust effect on the rear edges of the side armour plates, though. If you have a ref for that, that's great, but I wondered what story it's telling.

Hi Ade H,

Many thanks for your lie, follow, and kind words, i'm glad you like it. 

It really is how I like the finished models, nothing bad in the ones that are cleaner ... but IMHO, I think that with a more evident weathering, the finished model has a more real character, and with a unique personality.

It is the part of modeling that I like the most, where all the previous work, no matter how good it has been, can be ruined if we don't hit the nail on the head ... lol.
I would like very much to see some of your models, because you indicate that you love the most pronounced weathering ...
Maybe if there is something of Mr. Wilder in the result, a long time ago, I had a KV-1 at 1/35 Trumpeter, and I was looking at ways to age it, because I looked very monotonous and the shapes of the tank did not help me feel either. comfortable ... searching the net, I saw a series of clips of Mr. Wilder, in which precisely, a KV-1 aged (not the same version, but equally useful), and I loved what I saw,

I tried, although with different products (brands), what I saw, and although the result was not so good, at least I learned what not to do ...
Regarding the part of the tank that you comment, I have been seeing images or clips, where that particular part can be seen, and I include a clip, in which you can see clearly, how are the cuts of the plate, very rough, and with horizontal stripes, right there.
Although, it is a preserved model, so its appearance is not that of a vehicle in use / battle.
I imagine that being right on the edges, and in such an imperfect way, the use would make the paint disappear, and help that part get rust ... I can be wrong of course ...

1YMsHBL.png

mluqFR2.png

9ylx8me.png

51zWSSS.png

On the other hand, I think I have seen what you were saying about the photos, and I agree that what they tell me from the Forum Administration seems somewhat limited. Personally I like that the photos are the best ... well that ... but that inevitably makes their weight increase ... and that I host them on a third-party server.
On the other hand, although I use a desktop computer, old but sufficient, and my connection is fiber and quite fast, I have no problem seeing the content, unless the images are really heavy, they take a while to load ... it is true that there will be people, who either use a laptop or even just a mobile, to access the forum ...
It would be great, that the images will be scaled automatically according to the means by which we access the forum.
Maybe later it is possible.

Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

Edited by FrancisGL
ADD PHOTOS FOR DETAIL CHECK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1