1/32 F-4E Kurnass: Yom Kippur Sledgehammer *FINISHED!*

Alan P

Taken some time out to look at your build Alan (see where the opposition is in the race to the finish!^_^). I've been putting in a lot of hours on my F-4C which left little time for admiring other people's efforts.

Terrific build, loved every bit of it! I especially liked the jet pipes and the PE you added and the Alclad (great stuff!) wonderful shading, and all the stores, and the camo, and the decals... (I could go on :D)

All in all a great model, I'm envious of the amount of detail that can be added at 1/32. It's going to look awesome.

Right, back to work, still painting! :weep: and getting carried away in the detail. But I'm hopeful for some decals tomorrow.

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, Hewy said:

You've done a Terrific job alan up to yet , a great looking scheme too

Thanks Glynn mate, very much appreciated 👍

On 11/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, Johnson said:

Taken some time out to look at your build Alan (see where the opposition is in the race to the finish!^_^). I've been putting in a lot of hours on my F-4C which left little time for admiring other people's efforts.

Terrific build, loved every bit of it! I especially liked the jet pipes and the PE you added and the Alclad (great stuff!) wonderful shading, and all the stores, and the camo, and the decals... (I could go on :D)

All in all a great model, I'm envious of the amount of detail that can be added at 1/32. It's going to look awesome.

Right, back to work, still painting! :weep: and getting carried away in the detail. But I'm hopeful for some decals tomorrow.

Cheers,

Thanks Charlie, very generous of you! 

Haven't posted many pics recently but I have been chipping away at this, it really is almost finished...

tn_Kurnass (97)

Canopy parts done and fitted. The main canopies and seats still need a lot of work but I should have some time Friday and Saturday to finish it off by the deadline!

tn_Kurnass (100)

Cockpits and HUD almost complete apart from a few bits and bobs

tn_Kurnass (101)

Also finishing off the underside and stores, should be fitting those soon...

tn_Kurnass (99)

Lavids (IAF name for the Sparrow) fitted to the rear recesses. I just realised how much stuff will be hanging off this bird, it's going to look pretty busy :hmmm:

Anyway, it's not my tidiest effort but still will look nice on the shelf, hopefully by midnight Saturday...! :lol:

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

hopefully by midnight Saturday

No need to Rush Alan, you have until the 28th.

2 hours ago, Alan P said:

Anyway, it's not my tidiest effort but still will look nice on the shelf

Looks pretty good in the pics! Still in awe :worthy:!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan P said:

Lavids (IAF name for the Sparrow) fitted to the rear recesses. I just realised how much stuff will be hanging off this bird, it's going to look pretty busy :hmmm:

Anyway, it's not my tidiest effort but still will look nice on the shelf, hopefully by midnight Saturday...! :lol:

fully loaded up just like they should be 😎They look best that way.

It looks super super tidy to me!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Johnson said:

No need to Rush Alan, you have until the 28th

It says 21st in the GB rules 🤔 but things might have changed. I definitely want it finished before the SR-71 gets here :eat:

22 hours ago, Alan P said:

It says 21st in the GB rules 🤔 but things might have changed. I definitely want it finished before the SR-71 gets here :eat:

We were granted a 1 week extension.  It was mentioned in Chat a little bit back.  I almost missed it myself...not that a week will help my sorry a**.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the confirmation, no rush then! But this will be finished by tomorrow hopefully.

Finishing off the details now - first the canopies:

tn_Kurnass (103)

Used Eduard fascias and details to cover up the woeful lack of it on the kit. The Revell is equally devoid of detail but in fairness to them the canopies aren't designed to be open :hmmm:

tn_Kurnass (106)

Side and lower fascias, locking hooks, placards and grab handles are all supplied in the Eduard set. Looks about a zillion times better.

Also attached all the underwing stores:

tn_Kurnass (105)

That's possibly the most I've ever managed to stack under an aircraft model! The fuel tanks were delivered in the standard USAF colours of FS 34079 Forest Green and 36622 Light Gray.

tn_Kurnass (109)

There's not a lot of ground clearance there! The asymmetrical load was very typical, the left side with only two Dekers (IAF name for Sidewinders) balancing three CBU-54s!

tn_Kurnass (107)

Added the lights under the intakes and the ALQ-71 pod.

tn_Kurnass (102)

It's pretty crowded under there with the five big Mk117s as well.  As mentioned previously, the mixed bomb load was very unusual and only used on one occasion by Squadron 201 during YKW - the Damascus Airport and Khalkhalah raids on 12 October.

tn_Kurnass (108)

Airbrakes fitted, the underside is pretty much done now except a couple of antennae.

tn_Kurnass (104)

Nearly finished! Need to get the seats done tomorrow.

Alan

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Coming along fabulously Alan!  I particularly like the work you have done on the weapon load 

thanks V1

Just now, Anthony in NZ said:

Impressive indeed!  Wish I could work this fast and to such a high standard.  Just beautiful

You have other more useful skills and contributions to make to the hobby in general, don't you worry mate :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

That's possibly the most I've ever managed to stack under an aircraft model!

Ah wait, there was this once....

There's a reprise of this build coming this year, if there's a GB to suit...

• Like 4