HK Models 1/32 B-17G Flying Fortress "Little Patches"

This is my second build of this magnificent kit of my one of my favourite Boeings. Extras included Master metal MG barrels, Yahu instrument panel, HGW fabric seatbelts, Master Details nose turret zip inserts, nose defrost pipe, control columns. Kits world decals. I did a build video series on YT if anyone's interested https://youtu.be/m-ncuQwvgcI

Displayed with her sister ship "a bit o'lace" which I did earlier this year and motorised, but this one is just static. I just had to have a metal one and an OD one, but that's me done for big bombers now as have no more room (this is the only kit I know of supplied with these ingenious wall mounts). I know there's a nasty gap from the top section, but I am living with it as I value being able to pop the top off and look at the inside. Normally that kind of work is lost forever. Thanks for looking.

Wzcmo8U.jpg

I2Zp9Vc.jpg

glUsyVk.jpg

AQP4pDe.jpg

j6NdtQU.jpg

RNyNY8w.jpg

wnM892T.jpg

3725ZFx.jpg

erfInao.jpg

1IRAdWR.jpg

TX1Rqtz.jpg

GfuJICS.jpg

SVoGlL2.jpg

xq7SkKe.jpg

3ON7L3O.jpg

dsskisG.jpg

cdTnkRR.jpg

YXRkovJ.jpg

C1fXSQP.jpg

zKNurZ8.jpg

1h8wGYu.jpg

JldgOhS.jpg

6UXcijk.jpg

sAGE4Mq.jpg

O8TkwV4.jpg

Rc4cvfO.jpg

YgYqrFv.jpg

Edited by Notty
More photos
  • Like 56
  • Thanks 3

That's truly incredible work you've done. I'm especially impressed with the interior detail and painting. The cockpit is outstanding!

• Like 1

Wow!  That is absolutely brilliant!

The ability to lift the top off the fuselage is an excellent feature - especially in this scale!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm inspired to dig out my Hasegawa (1/72) kit - particularly since I bought Lil' Patches decals for it, like yourself.

Of note (to me) is that your build has the later-style Cheyenne rear turret. 

I have seen varying references - some showing the earlier type and others the Cheyenne, so perhaps either is valid.

My kit has a Cheyenne turret, so your model is added comfort on the issue.

• Like 1

Those two are great models I especially like the bare metal finish, the weathering is brilliant on both. Is the wooden interior actual wood or is that your painting? It looks like wood so I'm just asking. Thanks for sharing these.

• Like 1

• Notty changed the title to HK Models 1/32 B-17G Flying Fortress "Little Patches"
5 hours ago, kapam said:

Wow!  That is absolutely brilliant!

The ability to lift the top off the fuselage is an excellent feature - especially in this scale!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm inspired to dig out my Hasegawa (1/72) kit - particularly since I bought Lil' Patches decals for it, like yourself.

Of note (to me) is that your build has the later-style Cheyenne rear turret. 

I have seen varying references - some showing the earlier type and others the Cheyenne, so perhaps either is valid.

My kit has a Cheyenne turret, so your model is added comfort on the issue.

Thank you very much. I’m afraid I’m not much of a stickler for accuracy so I have no idea if the turret is accurate, sorry!

9 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed mate,.... and you are a brave man hanging those there!!

31 minutes ago, GRK said:

Great models, really look fantastic. Now how did you manage to hang them on the wall like that?

thanks guys. This is the only kit I know of which comes with an ingenious wall mount. Believe it or not it’s held with one small screw. Engineering force/stress analysis at its finest, it’s rock solid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petetasker said:

Beautiful builds both of them - wish I had the room for just one!

Thank you. If you have any spare wall space, this kit comes with a very well designed wall mount.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deano353 said:

Those two are great models I especially like the bare metal finish, the weathering is brilliant on both. Is the wooden interior actual wood or is that your painting? It looks like wood so I'm just asking. Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks very much. No it’s not wood it’s a base of Tamiya buff then 2 shades of brown oils on top with a coarse brush

Boy - what monsters! Absolutely fantastic builds in every respect. Your models tell a lot about the Fortress that is usually hidden. Great work!

• Like 1