Spruebrothers partnership new 1/32 Phantoms?

GRIM REAPER

Another teaserĀ https://www.facebook.com/spruebrothers/posts/10158874433568952

In partnership with Phantom Phreaks, we (Sprue Brothers Models LLC)Ā have been working on a very special project that we can finally announce - a new family of 1:32 F-4 Phantom kits. Twelve (12) versions are planned beginning in 2022. Tentatively the first release will be the F-4B. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months.

Ā 

PHII.png

Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=195774772614227

Ā 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like they are going all out on these kits. I wonder who will be doing the tooling. The price I am not concerned about too much. I know it will be high considering what goes into tooling these up and the level of detail they are proposing. My guess is somewhere around $250-300. Of course, just pure speculation at this point.Ā 

Help me out folks because I am no Phantom expert.Ā  I count 11Ā major variants, assuming they will duplicate the Tamiya kits.Ā  Would be so nice to add the British Phantoms to this list, but I would assume they are avoiding those asĀ HK is supposedly working on them.Ā  What do you think?

Ā 

F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4G, F-4J, F-4N,Ā F-4S, RF-4B, RF-4C, RF-4E,Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, dreamwriter said:

I wonder if they picked up where Tanmodel,which apparently is MIA,has stopped.

The most recent message I've had from Baris was back in June. There were a number of reasons the kit production from Tanmodel stopped.

The most important being Baris had a heart attack in January '21. He's on the road to recovery, but it's a long road with more than a few bumps along the way.

I'm sure that everyone on here will wish him well and hope for a complete recovery.

Second reason was the company were contracted to the Turkish Military.

HTH

Paul

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Help me out folks because I am no Phantom expert.Ā  I count 11Ā major variants, assuming they will duplicate the Tamiya kits.Ā  Would be so nice to add the British Phantoms to this list, but I would assume they are avoiding those asĀ HK is supposedly working on them.Ā  What do you think?

Ā 

F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4G, F-4J, F-4N,Ā F-4S, RF-4B, RF-4C, RF-4E,Ā 

Simply a "F" to be added

Ā 

Edited by ABeck
edit mistake

33 minutes ago, Hobo said:

F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4G, F-4J, F-4N,Ā F-4S, RF-4B, RF-4C, RF-4E,

Morning @Hobo :hmmm: There was the XF4H-1 prototype. F4H-1F original production, became the F-4A including the USN 'Sageburner' and the USAF 'Skyburner'.

F-4B / RF-4B, F-4C / RF-4C, F-4D, F-4E / F4-EJ (+variants) F-4G, F-4J, F-4K (Royal Navy FG.1), F-4M (RAF FGR.2), F-4N (upgraded -B) F-4S (upgraded -J).

Upshot is, we'll get what we get! Think of it like Christmas, you may THINK you know what your getting but until the wrappings are removed..................

13 minutes ago, mr.T said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but this looks very very interesting. A whole new range of Phantoms in 1/32 scale; modular approach. The clip is self-explanatory. A new approach to modelling?

Ā 

https://fb.watch/7wH0Wyfo3h/

Ā 

Ā 

Modular approach the is the idea of modelling since Frog šŸ˜‰, too many bad music and a lot of CAD.

Already posted here

Ā 

Edited by manuel
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 2:11 PM, DonH said:

S. P. E. Y.

Ā 

There are no other options.

If they do the SPEY Phantom, they probably do this after the earlier versions (B,N,E,J etc). For the modular approach the whole fuselage needs changing. Practically another design...šŸ¤Ø

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mr.T said:

If they do the SPEY Phantom, they probably do this after the earlier versions (B,N,E,J etc). For the modular approach the whole fuselage needs changing. Practically another design...šŸ¤Ø

Ā 

It's just a question of priorities...Ā :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1