This was my first large scratch build and it shows, but at least I learnt a lot from it.

The body is made from square section drainpipe, the engine nozzles are square-to-round adapters. It has a wooden 'spine' onto which everything was glued and screwed. The details are greeblies from the spares bucket.

Here is the before shot:

5nqCeO9L_t.png

Here she is on the bench:

eVivYU9T_t.png

And here she is in action:

oHF7KzIr_t.png

QZ3YSFxA_t.png

hq9ccd6q_t.png

27hA0SCK_t.png

6QLoe7XI_t.png

• Like 22

Thanks very much!

It's great to get some feedback. It's been a while since I did any proper modelling and I had to 're-learn' a few things, especially painting and weathering. I spent a while looking at the work of others before going anywhere the ship with a paint brush. I also ended up making some decals of my own using 'waterslide' decal paper, as I just couldn't find what I needed anywhere in the spares bin. They work really well, I'm glad to say.

• Like 1

If scratch building SF is your thing, and you are in the Chelmsford area, are you a member of the local IPMS branch? There's a member there by the name of Andy Bamber who scratch builds all kinds of SF vehicles, and has won a few gongs at the Nationals.

John.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:37 AM, John_W said:

Very nice. 

Can't decide whether it is "Aliens" universe or "Halo" universe, hints of the Sulaco and the Pillar of Autumn there.

I'm seeing Babylon 5 universe there, could credibly be an Earthforce asset

spacer.png

Cool. My attempt never seem to look anything other than a pile of bits!

• Like 2